problems with emails

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
just wondered if anyone out there could help with this problem..?
i can not send or recive emails for some reason it is telling me to enter my username and password " which are both already there" i click ok and another page pops up with this message on it

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

which to be honest means nothing to me hope someone knows what i could do or at least point me in the right direction

i have tried going back to peveious dates which seems to work for a while but then it sort of catches up and starts all over again :bang:

:help: please

existing one thats just stopped working

my orange account stops after 90 days, i go to orange homepage and retrieve account settings. try it

That's pretty black and white. Your username, or password (or both) is wrong. If it was a simple server error then the error message would say "unable to reach pop3 server" or something similar.

Try it again, and re-enter your username and password when asked. Maybe somebody else changed the password or something? Don't forget passwords are case-sensitive.

my orange account stops after 90 days, i go to orange homepage and retrieve account settings. try it
I thought that was only if you didn't log into the account for 90 days?:thinking:

outlook express 6 .
web mail ?
homepage ill try

sorry hungry baby in one arm

:thinking:
i have set up a webmail (y) but in the process i seem to have fixed outlook at the moment thanks for all the help you guys
:beer: one each

:nuts: for now anyway

More often than not it just means the server is not working properly. Leave it a few hours and try again and it will work.

You can telnet to a mail server if you want to test if it is a client (outlook) problem or not. Just google for telnet and checking mail if you don't know how.

You arn't by any chance using VPN to log into work at the same time?
Or using some "new" software.

What happens with VPN when you log onto work is that your computer "becomes" part of the work domain and is therefore rejected by your normal email POP host.

If this is the case then logging out of VPN/New S/W then it should work again.

I now use Yahoo Mail and find it so much more reliable than Outlook Express...

Back