Problems with RAW in Adobe Bridge

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Occasionally when loading NEF(RAW) files from my D2x, the thumbnails aren't displayed in Adobe Bridge.
They appear OK in Explorer and in Nikon View.
I'm using a Sandisk USB 2.0 card reader and the cards are Sandisk Extreme III 1.0Gb cards. I transfer using Nikon Transfer and add basic file info at this stage of the operation in order to embed it within the file itself instead of as a sidecar file.
If I re-submit the files by repeating the transfer, sometimes it works and sometimes different files are not displayed.

Anyone else had this crop up?
It's not a major nause, but it irritates me, especially as the auto-rotate feature is so useful and the reloaded images invariable fail to do this.
Also my workflow is set up to do all my batch renaming and file info in Bridge, adding to the File Info added during the transfer using the Nikon Transfer facility.

Both Adobe and Nikon are blaming each others software.

cool...I'll do that now. Though the problem isn't opening the images - just displaying them in Bridge. Even though the thumbnails aren't there, the files are and open normally in Photoshop.

Obviously I am using Canon and you are using Nikon but hopefully it might fix your issue. Either way it's a free download so there is nothing lost.

BTW Other changes in Camera Raw 3.3 include:

* Faster redraw speed at certain magnification levels less than 100% (though the image may appear slightly fuzzier)

* The addition of warning messages when attempting to cancel or reset Camera Raw when there are changes to non-selected images

* Refinement of the software's Bayer demosaicing algorithms for a promised improvement in the detail rendering in some instances

* Writing of IPTC-format caption information to TIFF, JPEG and PSD files saved directly from the plug-in, in addition to the XMP-format caption block as before

* Fixed DNG decoding for some camera models

So it may be worth downloading just for added features anyway ;)

I have a similar problem with Canon CR2 files from my 350.

Sometimes the thumbnails just don't show up at all, yet I can still send the image to photoshop successfully (through the camera raw process).

Doesn't really irk me so much as I rarely use Bridge.

I must admit that I rarely use Bridge but I like to keep my software updated and see what added functions etc do. I usually patch and update as a matter of course.

Steve said:
I must admit that I rarely use Bridge but I like to keep my software updated and see what added functions etc do. I usually patch and update as a matter of course.

Personally I'm an updater by nature, just for the sake of it, although I will admit I am a sucker for new functions and tweaks. Something about new buttons that makes me all giddy.

Back