Problems with Sigma

Name
James Stockton
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a Sigma 70-200mm APO f/2.8 a short while ago only to find that it was a “bad ‘un” and had a significant front focusing problem…. Oh joy. I contacted sigma who told me to post it to them and as it was under warranty they would fix/calibrate it and sent it back.

I received it back, stuck it on the end of my camera and, a front focussing problem again…. It doesn’t appear to have been altered in the slightest and the focusing issue is still very apparent.

I sent my lens back again with a lovely covering letter and have since had a response from them to say that they have already calibrated my lens to their standards and then now require my camera body to calibrate too!?!

Fair enough but this raises a few questions that I’m hoping that some of you can help answer, I’ll probably give them a call later but can’t get to a phone at the moment.

Firstly, if they come back and say it’s my camera body, will they charge me to calibrate it?

If they calibrate it, will this affect my other lenses that have no focusing problems?

Ta very muchly

And for my small print….. yes I know I am stupid, I bought this lens from OSD in China so I suppose I am lucky that sigma have accepted the warranty on it. I know some people have had problems with this in the past. So returning the lens to the shop is out of the question. Valuable lesson learnt, UK supplier all the way!

Jim, Can I just ask where you send it to, I have a 1.4 falling to bits which looks like its because of the weight of the 300 attached to it, Hoping to send it off for a repair, Hope you dont mind me asking on your thread.

Jim, Can I just ask where you send it to, I have a 1.4 falling to bits which looks like its because of the weight of the 300 attached to it, Hoping to send it off for a repair, Hope you dont mind me asking on your thread.

Have a look at the support section on the Sigma website, it tells you everything on there.

Sorted now, just spoke to them. They want my body (camera body), so they can calibrate the lens to match it.

Everyones a winner. Just hope i get it back for F1 at Silverstone next month!

Back