Procamerashop.co.uk - anyone recommend?

I have a Panasonic 12-35mm coming from procamerashop due too arrive tomorrow :D but that's my first time dealing with them but they have been quick responding too emails and have kept me updated with order status and provided ups tracking number.

DigitalRev have a dedicated section here and ive dealt with them ages back and they was ok so they'd be fine too use aswell, but personally the LX7 is little bit cheaper at Panamoz who have it currently priced at £279.00 or if you pay by BT they will knock a extra 5% off that and they are usually very good too deal with.

Hi guys Ive used http://www.procamerashop.co.uk couple of time and they are REALLY GOOD no problems at all. and cheaper by 3% when you do things through the internet. I was very cautious to begin with id recommend and buy again from there!
Regards Kish
Bought ; Canon 5d Mark 2 and 17-40mm L series lens both fine.

We've just bought a whole range of stuff from them - 60D, 60mm ef-s, 2x TC-E, 11-16mm, D7000 plus a load of other stuff - great prices, good service and their warranty seems kosher. Spent about £3500 in total on top of previous orders

Another thumbs up for procamerashop, used them again this last week (2nd time now) and camera arrived as promised with emails notifying you along the process.

Just spoke to Procamerashop and they say all their products come with a one year warranty with themselves and when asked if the lenses were grey imports or not they said that it depends what stock levels are like as to where they source them from.

Forgive my stupid question but is this normal or does it even make sense?

Should this be avoided or sceptical?

Phil

I see the long thread has disappeared. Legal threats again?

I think it's a damn shame when experiences, both good AND bad, have to be pulled because a seller doen't like negative feedback. Speaks volumes imho.

It certainly doesn't help users/potential purchasers.

I see the long thread has disappeared. Legal threats again?

I think it's a damn shame when experiences, both good AND bad, have to be pulled because a seller doen't like negative feedback. Speaks volumes imho.

It certainly doesn't help users/potential purchasers.

what's happened?

I was thinking of ordering from procamershop...but don't know what information I'm missing.

what's happened?

I was thinking of ordering from procamershop...but don't know what information I'm missing.

They threaten legal action to get negative reviews/threads removed from many forums & review sites! :thumbsdown: (that in itself should be enough to put most folk off using them imho)

Type into g00gle `procamerashop reviews complaints` & spend a couple of hours reading up.

Lets keep the contents of this thread to 100% FACT please.

I'm not concerned about what's posted on other sites, but i'd like comments made on here to be truthful and backed by evidence to support them (if needed) be they positive OR negative.

I purchased a Lumix 12-35mm lens (£650) and a LX7 from them earlier this year.
All went OK for me.

I got my Tamron 17-50 from them a few months ago, communication was a little poor and it took far longer to arrive than a body from HK via Panamoz, but it did arrive in perfect condition and was the cheapest price. When I checked the serial number it is stock from Italy and the Tamron Italy site let me register for the 5 year warranty. I am yet to claim on either the ProCameraShop or Tamron Italy warranty but so far I am happy.

I just purchased another lens from Procamera shop ,canon 24-105 .

This time i paid using the bank transfer,it did take 3 working days to clear because of the banks but a soon as it cleared i received an email saying my order has been passed to the warehouse Wed 10th at 10.26am .Wed 10th at 12.25pm email saying my order was dispatched with a link to UPS tracking number .

The lens arrived this morning at 9.45am,i will definitely buy from them in the future .

i returned a camera on monday for refund under there 14 day no quibble exchange

they then decide to tell me they may deduct money if they deem it not to be new and ive had no confirmation of the return

doubt ill bother again

Did they define 'new'?

no other than to say it must be resalable

the camera is pristine in every way only inspected and decided it wasn't for me hopefully they dont try and say otherwise or i guess ill have to involve my cc company ?

i returned a camera on monday for refund under there 14 day no quibble exchange

they then decide to tell me they may deduct money if they deem it not to be new and ive had no confirmation of the return

doubt ill bother again

Check the distance selling regulations. If you return something under DSR then the whole amount you paid must be returned (you would cover return postage costs). Although DSR allows for return within 7 days and some companies offer 14 days return policy, so it might depend on when you returned it.

no other than to say it must be resalable

the camera is pristine in every way only inspected and decided it wasn't for me hopefully they dont try and say otherwise or i guess ill have to involve my cc company ?

its written clearly on there site what it means

I am thinking about buying the 5D mark III from them next week. They have it at an excellent price if you take up the 3% bank transfer option. Its about £1850.

Anyone have any cautions I need to be aware of?

I am thinking about buying the 5D mark III from them next week. They have it at an excellent price if you take up the 3% bank transfer option. Its about £1850.

Anyone have any cautions I need to be aware of?

I wouldn't use the bank transfer to pay ANY dealer, especially if they aren't even in the same country. Use a credit card & at least then you have some protection!

I wouldn't use the bank transfer to pay ANY dealer, especially if they aren't even in the same country. Use a credit card & at least then you have some protection!

procamerashop are in the uk

think they are much the same as kerso or hdew

i bought a sony nex and it was a uk camera

Duncan, they are NOT in the UK. They have a rented office & phone line for sales, in Carlisle. They are Asian importers like many others. They are based in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Anyone/everyone buying ANYTHING should do their research/homework on potential purchases, especially high value stuff.

You really don't like imports do you...

Not particularly John, but even then some sellers seem more up front about their tactics.

I'm not going to post any details, or name a particular seller again, because many threads have had to be closed/deleted because of negative reviews being unsubtantiated.

All I am doing is stating facts & telling them p-shop aren't UK based & to do some internet homework. Simples!

Yeah I know they aren't Uk based. I did some research. But I did get an email from regarding their customs and got this reply.
Thank you for your email.

All orders are fulfilled and shipped from our Sussex warehouse (UK), you would not incur any duties, taxes or VAT as the website price is the final amount you will need to pay.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

ProCameraShop Team
www.procamerashop.co.uk

If you have done your research & are still happy to buy from a seller (even using a % discount to give up protection) & looked into potential warranty issues, that's fine.

When you receive your camera, check all serial #'s against exif data & check it's not a refurbed/pre-owned item & the that serial numbers aren't fake.

TELEPHONE if you want to register it with the manufacturer, rather than using the online facility, as it's been said you can actually type in ANY random #'s.

Yeah I know they aren't Uk based. I did some research. But I did get an email from regarding their customs and got this reply.
Thank you for your email.

All orders are fulfilled and shipped from our Sussex warehouse (UK), you would not incur any duties, taxes or VAT as the website price is the final amount you will need to pay.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

ProCameraShop Team

Sussex Warehouse? LOL

Even their Carlisle address was just a mail drop office.

Especially as they make it clear in their T&Cs (hosted on their site as a .png image) that the buyer is responsible for all customs duties and taxes.

http://www.procamerashop.co.uk/article/conditions_of_use

8656535380_5904fc9ee4_b.jpg

To be honest I think I am just going to get it from Cliftoncameras.co.uk

Back