Processing 4x5

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
This might seem like a daft question but how do you send 4x5 film to the processors? Do people send the exposed film in the dark slides off and hope to get them back or are there special postage boxes you can get from the labs?

I use the boxes the film comes in, usually with a note to confirm the number of sheets and film type contained within stuck to the outside. If you start mailing out your film holders it's going to cost a fortune in postage

the 10 sheet fuji boxes are great, they are sturdy enough to go through the post and they have the 3 boxes so you can even put a note inside the first box saying to only open in darkness, just incase someone decides to open it early

I use the boxes the film comes in, usually with a note to confirm the number of sheets and film type contained within stuck to the outside. If you start mailing out your film holders it's going to cost a fortune in postage

the 10 sheet fuji boxes are great, they are sturdy enough to go through the post and they have the 3 boxes so you can even put a note inside the first box saying to only open in darkness, just incase someone decides to open it early

Mmm, this is my first foray into LF so the only box I have is my first lot of film and it's still got film in it. I've only got 3 dark slides so will have 6 sheets of film to send off.

I can send you an empty box if you would like? If you have a local lab they will give you empty boxes as well, but most of us aren't lucky wnough to live near one deving 5x4 :(

I can send you an empty box if you would like? If you have a local lab they will give you empty boxes as well, but most of us aren't lucky wnough to live near one deving 5x4 :(

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I'm working in central London next week so I'll give Bayeaux and Silverprint a ring and see if they have one or two going spare.

Once you have used a box, label it up with your details and a big note asking for its return and you have a carriage box for future!

Back