Processing 5x4 Sheet Film

Edit My Images
No
Hi all. I will soon be taking my first shots with my 5x4 camera.....exciting stuff. I received some sheets of Portra 400 with some film holders that I bought but I won't be able to develop this myself.
I was wondering if people have any recommendations for who best to send 5x4 Portra 400 to for developing?
Thanks all.

Had my first 5x4 done by Peak and it was fine (ie showed up my light leaks nicely!). I believe @Woodsy uses them for some of his, and the results he gets are wonderfl.

Thanks, I will look into peak in the first instance. I may need to source an empty sheet film box to send film to them. Are there any tips for how best to package and protect film apart from a film box or is it a fairly standard way of sending it for developing?

Last edited:
Had my first 5x4 done by Peak and it was fine (ie showed up my light leaks nicely!). I believe @Woodsy uses them for some of his, and the results he gets are wonderfl.
Very kind of you @ChrisR, and yes, I use peak exclusively for sheet film developing, and never had a single issue with them at all. I'd definitely recommend them.

Edit to clarify: Exclusively colour film, that is. I do my own B&W :)

Last edited:
Definitely Peak.

Back