profoto d1's an batpac

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,

hows everyone finding the d1's and batpac any issues

considering getting some not sure what wattage yet, coming of the 7b 1200 kit

Thanks,

Tom

Love the d1s, not a huge fan of the batpac. Crazy heavy, slow charging (of the pack) etc.

You thought that the 7b was heavy.... The batpac is a good chunk more.

Probably better looking at the elemental mains battery pack, Paul c buff vagabond (though not great recycle times on the mini, though they're awesome), tronix explorer xt etc...

D1s are the best monoblocs on the market though IMO :)

Last edited:
Thanks Dave :)

massive help must admit going to miss those 7b's

ever used the acute's?

D1 user here. Love them. Best mono's you can get by far. Not a fan of the Pac through, just way too heavy and way too expensive.

I use Alienbees Vagabond Mini Lithium packs. They're perfect if I don't have the budget to rent a pro-8 pack.

steele01 said:
Thanks Dave :)

massive help must admit going to miss those 7b's

ever used the acute's?

Yep. Acuteb single head/pack system are IMO the best battery solution on the market for individual shooters who don't always have an assistant(s), great kit. Absolutely love them. I've replaced my 7b with one, shortly to be two. The new lithium battery ones are so light. (Though not quite as light as elinchrom quadras... But infinitely better) air system built in works great too, or the optional pocketwizard if you've already got a pw system.

Acute mains pack + heads are ok, you just miss out on the power and recycle times of the pro series / d4 pack. The ones that you see relatively cheaply on eBay are also relatively old models.

Profoto is a big investment, but, well... There's a hell of a lot of reasons that it's the worldwide standard :)

Last edited:
Hi John :) thanks for the reply, head quite a few grumbles on the pack now so might give that one a miss can't wait to try the d1's, just got to have a think on wattage :D

thanks for the reply Dave was weighing up the acuteb as really regretting selling my 7b's always the way lol but seems to be a great option

agreed :D don't think I could ever use a diff brand after having the 7b's absolutely adored the quality of light

Thanks a bunch

Tom

JonathanRyan said:
Srsly? Wow. And I class the 7b as an "assistant only" carry ;)

An enterprising osteopath should probably bribe profoto to throw their business card in the box.

Last edited:
Just another +1 for the Acute B2 Air's. I now run a pair of these with a 7B, but find myself just taking out the Acute B2's most of the time. The pair fit neatly in a Peli case, and it's just about liftable, but the wheels help :)

loool dave I'd agree wit hthat

nice one :D everyone remember taking my 7b's in a peli 1510 then a mac book pro 2 stands an my nikon sutff haha up 3 flights of stairs solo to do some portraits nearly flipping killed me lol

so if the bat pac is heavier sod that haha

acute b2's do sound awesome for the lightweight option :) can they be run of the mains like the 7b's?

thinking either acute b2's and a acute 1200 pack for the studio

or acute b2 for location and maybe d1 500/500 or 500/250 for the studio to kick of with

exciting times

Thanks in advance,

Tom

worth noting that the acuteb head (the one that comes with the acuteb packs) can't be used with the mains Acute packs. Which sucks.

Acute heads, can however be used with the acuteb packs - though iirc the modelling lamp won't work (or can be swapped for a low wattage one or something. Can't remember).

Back