Programmable Mouse

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for recommendations, I need to be able to change the function of the buttons so that I can disable the standard right-click and use a different button for that function.

It's for general use (mostly Excel) rather than gaming and needs to be compatible with Windows 7

Ta

Logitech Gaming Mouses are brilliant. Not cheap but brilliant.

Razer mamba 9 programmable buttons if you can get them to pay £80 for a mouse lol.

My one at home is a logitech and has been really good, it only has two additional buttons on it which work as forward and back buttons when web browsing but i think they could be configured for something else using the built in windows software. Can't remember the exact model sorry but it was about 45 quid and is ergonomically shaped, nice size too for someone with fairly big hands and sausage fingers

This one looks ok. How do I know if it's programmable the way I want it. Do they all allow me to do as above?

Ok, so looking at this:

11 PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLS
Power at hand
Achieve great results with the default configuration straight out of the box. Or, make G602 your own. Set up one-button triggers for actions that typically require digging into menus. Put push-to-talk communications in easier reach. Temporarily down-shift DPI for sniping. Reassign any game command or multi-command macro to any one of 11 programmable buttons with optional Logitech Gaming Software (LGS).* Store a custom profile on-board for use with any PC.

It's the main 2 buttons on the top that I need to be able to change so that the right button becomes disabled and right click can be reassigned to one of the buttons on the side. ow do I know the top right button is one of the 11?

You can certainly reassign the two main buttons. Whether you can disable one of them is another matter. Why not email their support?

I use the Logitech G602.

You can program any button to do whatever you wish.
Batteries last months. (think 6 months or so)
Tracks on anything.

It'll do what you want and you can have extra buttons to do other things...

I use the Logitech G602.

You can program any button to do whatever you wish.
Batteries last months. (think 6 months or so)
Tracks on anything.

It'll do what you want and you can have extra buttons to do other things...

Thanks Ian, do you know if it's possible to programme one of the top 2 buttons to do nothing at all?

Dammit. Why has it taken me so long to think of accusing Marc of having a twitchy middle finger?

Update, you can disable all buttons except main 2.... :/

Only gives you option to swap 'em

The problem is that 'left click' and 'right click' are hard coded into the OS (at least in Windows), so they tend to be hard wired into the mice as well. :)

The problem is that 'left click' and 'right click' are hard coded into the OS (at least in Windows), so they tend to be hard wired into the mice as well. :)

Which is an absolute pain for me. I'm using an old Apple magic mouse as it's the least worst option but even tat is becoming more difficult.

Can always jam a bit of cardboard/matchstick under the finger rest for right click, little bit of tape.
Right click now non-functional

any particular reason why you can't just not click it? or is that too obvious lol?

Lack of sensation dexterity in my hands means that, if push with one finger, the other one pushes down as well.

Probably fairly easy to do a mechanical bodge to disable the right button - either the wedge of paper in the gap or a more permanent solution involving glue or a craft knife. Or maybe a splint type thing on your right button finger to stop it acting in unison with the left button one?

Looks like there are a few bits of software that will allow you to disable the RMB. Try Kid Key Lock or Mouse Disabler or google 'disable right mouse button' and ignore the registry changes as they'll only affect the RMB on the desktop and file explorer windows.

I have a logitech G300s and it's pretty good, you can configure every button with the very easy too use software. It doesn't have thousands button either. I first bought another logitech which was more expensive and more gamer orientated but I didn't like the gamers kind of scrolling wheel that you get on these, they are like an infinite spinning wheel.

Last edited:
Looks like there are a few bits of software that will allow you to disable the RMB. Try Kid Key Lock or Mouse Disabler or google 'disable right mouse button' and ignore the registry changes as they'll only affect the RMB on the desktop and file explorer windows.

Thanks, I'll ave a look. I'd also ave to check with IT as they'd ave to be the ones to install anything

I have a logitech G300s and it's pretty good, you can configure every button with the very easy too use software. It doesn't have thousands button either. I first bought another logitech which was more expensive and more gamer orientated but I didn't like the gamers kind of scrolling wheel that you get on these, they are like an infinite spinning wheel.

As above, I'm looking for wireless

Sadly, my ability with a pen is less that with a mouse

Back