Beginner Programs

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
What photo processing software do you use and what advice do you have for a beginner?

Couple of members I know here use MS Paint (y)

What photo processing software do you use

Lightroom, Photoshop - basically if I was using a more modern camera I'd upgrade to Adobe Creative Cloud - as it is, I'm shooting with relatively old kit, and have no need to upgrade from earlier versions that I've already bought a permanent licence for.

...what advice do you have for a beginner?

Which beginner is this, I thought you said in another thread that you're starting to make a name for yourself in photography?

Handy Hint from Management. Pick a Story, Pick a Location, Stick with it, Don't try and portray yourself as something your not. There's some very talented and clever people on this forum, and they will see through any b******t. Be honest, it's the best policy, and the way you'll get the most out of this place.

Thank you very much. I didn't look at it. Thought it would be easiest to ask.

With all due respect, if someone points you towards something to help you, and you can't be bothered to even look at it because you want something easier, you don't really have the right attitude. If you want to achieve results, it requires effort. I'm afraid a lazy attitude will not earn you brownie points or respect.

Thank you very much. I didn't look at it. Thought it would be easiest to ask.

As per @Lindsay56 - it's always best to run a quick search on the forum - that way you can ask a question from an informed standpoint... for example

"i've had a quick search on here for beginner friendly software for photo editing - it looks like theres a few options - Photoshop and Lightroom, or the CCS suite are way out of my budget - I can afford Photoshop Elements at a push, but are there any more budget friendly items that are still simple to use, and ideally allow me to catalog my photos as well as just cropping/adjusting colour balance and a bit of retouching"...

That way you'd get information you require, tailored to your actual requirements, rather than a long (long, long) list of people saying Photoshop or Lightroom that you probably don't want to be spending upon initially.

And of course, by doing so, you'd be showing a little bit of respect to the other members, by remembering that they're helping you on their own time, without recompense,

And, please, when you DO get recommendations that work for you - come back and thank people - it's just good manners.

Going back to the original premise, i'd recommend you go over to the Adobe website, and download Photoshop Elements demo version and play with it for 30 days - i'm sure some other members may well recommend other software thats available for trial. Make the best of it - try them all, see which one you like, because changing from one to another 3 years down the line is going to be more of a problem than changing when you're just starting out and only have a couple of months of photo's.

Back