Daily Project 365 for 2018

Project 365 - 048/365: Bedford, birds and bridges
On a walkabout in my town for this one and had a picture in my head and just had to wait for the swans to be in the right place but also the pigeon in the sky near the top as needed something to give the shot a little interest other than the clouds in the sky, I got lucky too with the seagulls in the middle near the other side.

048 - Bedford, birds and bridges by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 049/365: BEDFORD ISN'T SH*T
One from tonight of Bedford Town Bridge and the Swan Hotel with a little light paint practice with the pixelstick.
I was inspired by an article in our local Bedford Clanger independent paper last September about the positive things this town has to offer.

049 - Bedford isn't sh*t by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 050/365: Abstract Lampshade
A close up abstract shot of a linen lampshade, converted to monochrome to enhance the pattern of the linen and the way the light gradually drops off.

050 - Abstract Lampshade by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 053/365: Butterfly Bridge at night, Bedford
This is the Butterfly Bridge, sometimes known as the Millenium Bridge in Bedford, Bedfordshire. Just a shame the council don't keep it in better repair.

053 - Butterfly Bridge at night, Bedford by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 054/365: Post Haircut Beer
I HATE going to the barbers, but recently discovered the Cavalier Club Barber Shop in Bedford where they do haircuts and beards too. It's only the second time I've ever let anyone cut my beard but am loving the results!
iphone shot, hence the lightshade growing out of my right ear.

054 - Post Haircut Beer by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Last edited:
Project 365 - 059/365: Repaired
So, day 36 was the picture of my dropped and damaged lens which had to go off to Olympus for an estimate and repair, took me a week to sort this out and the actual turnaround from sending to receiving was 2 weeks. And am I happy to have it back! It's like brand new!

059 - Repaired by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 061/365: Arches in Snow
A local bridge here in Bedford that I have had my eye on for some time. I had to stand in the middle of the water to get this shot and feel that black and white was the way to go here as the colour versions brickwork is very distracting against the cool white of the snow and ice.

062 - Arches in Snow by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 063/365: No Stars
A cafe bar in Bedford I'll never visit again due to the fact that the wife and I visited for a post Cinema drink and due to the "barmaid" pouring both with a 1.5 inch head and not understanding why they should be topped up, the manager who we requested to speak to was arrogant and arguementative and actually took away our drinks and I hadn't even touched mine, he also refused to refund me. Far as Im concerned thats theft.

063 - No stars by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 077/365: Abstract Bark

On a scouting walk in the local woods and came across this nice abstract of a fallen trunk. I just like the way that the overcast light, the snow on top and the bark all combine to give it such texture. Monochrome treatment only enhances this I feel.

077 - Abstract Bark by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Back