Daily Project 365 for 2018

Project 365 - 080/365: This Way Up

A simple box in the dining room from an Amazon delivery is todays shot. I liked the arrows and placing the vertical ones in the upper corner helps us see it as a box given the photo is box shaped. I also liked the crease which seems to be a barrier to the Amazon arrow / smile.

080 - This way up by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Project 365 - 088/365: Slate

Square crop and use of depth of field to concentrate on the textures of the slate itself, then converted to black and white to remove a distracting colour cast from the walls of the room this was in.

088 - Slate by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

So having gotten to just over 100 days I decided its a good time to review so far and you know what?

I'm stopping, I work 3 x 12.5 hours shifts a week and find on those days I'm taking a snap for the sake of it, usually with my smartphone and thats not what I envisaged the project to be. It was to get me to use my actual camera and if Im honest that means about 50% of my shots are NOT with the camera.

I don't know where to go from here to be honest, wish I'd tried a photo a week really, but maybe next year, for now I'm going to concentrate more on photos I want to plan and take in a more structured manner rather than forcing myself to take pictures for the sake of it :-/

So having gotten to just over 100 days I decided its a good time to review so far and you know what?

I'm stopping, I work 3 x 12.5 hours shifts a week and find on those days I'm taking a snap for the sake of it, usually with my smartphone and thats not what I envisaged the project to be. It was to get me to use my actual camera and if Im honest that means about 50% of my shots are NOT with the camera.

I don't know where to go from here to be honest, wish I'd tried a photo a week really, but maybe next year, for now I'm going to concentrate more on photos I want to plan and take in a more structured manner rather than forcing myself to take pictures for the sake of it :-/

Hi Paul,

I would never force my self to take a picture just for the sake of it. We all have busy lives and hobbies tend to be at the bottom of the list of things to do. I was looking at your photos and was thinking that was hardwork.Before reading your last post I thought perhaps doing a monthly Image project for a year and having a list of the themes up front, so you can plan the shots and let them evolve.
I'm currently doing this years 52 and some of the images for that are done far too quickly as well. I have a list of themes I made up 10minutes ago.

Pete

Back