cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello again from me :)

EDIT : Paypal account is (without the spaces) "e ba y @ c owas aki .co. uk"

Right most of you will be aware of the collection we had for Wheels and a few people wanted to share the money around. Well we couldn't do that as the money was given by members of the forum specifically to Wheels. We have spent the money in the best way that we could and I am sure that you will be happy with what we have come up with LINK. One criticism we had was that this was only going to help one person but unknown to most people I had others in mind for a similar treatment. I have spoken to Julian and he wants any surplus parts and money to go to project two and so we now embark on that project.

A lot of you will know Nattelie MagicMynx who has been a member for a while well she is victim number two. See this thread here LINK. Nattelie's needs are not as great as Julian's but she still needs our help.

This is Nattelie's chair:

quantum-6000-power-wheelchair.jpg

If you look at Wheel's thread (link above) you will see this device:

wheels-009.jpg

wheels-010.jpg

wheels-012.jpg

Nattelie has her own camera and does not need the screen so what we are looking at is a direct copy of Wheel's right hand assembly (ie the above).

We have: Magic clamp, super arm, plate and manfrotto tube plus the top part of the spider assembly (ie the tripod top plate).

What we need is: The bottom part of the spider (or £24 to buy the parts new) and a Manfrotto 222 joystick head (or about £65 to buy one new).

There is still a bit left in the fund after buying the Magic arm but if any of you wonderful folk have either an 055 tripod which is broken or an unused 222 joystick head or in fact ANY of the items listed above ie magic clamps/super arms then I would be very grateful....

I have had offers of some items already and NOTHING will go to waste. If I get two 222 heads or more donations that I would need then everything SPARE will go to PROJECT THREE. I am making this clear NOW so that we can just do it later.

Last edited:
I wish I could help by donating something, and I know Nat will be as grateful as I am.

222 head will be in the post Monday, it's a chinese copy but you can't tell the difference.

Woohoo!

I am also hoping to get spare bits so that I can start looking at PROJECT THREE but I am very grateful for the joystick head. Is the quick release plate identical to Manfrotto's too?

Not 100% sure a Manfrotto plate will fit but heres a couple of pictures.

PS If you work for Manfrotto please close your eyes now LOL :D

022copy1.jpg

022copy2.jpg

Thank you so much everyone.
Not sure what else to say other than thank you. It really will make a huge difference, so thank you and it does mean alot that people want to help xxxx

Nattalie. I am so glad you are getting help. You are so deserving. You give a lot to this forum and you are a super lady.

Darren. Thank you so much for helping.

Just ordered a wired remote for your camera so that I can chop it up :D There will also be two big buttons on the plate for FOCUS and SHOOT.

Nattelie,

I will need some better pictures of the chair though. The ones you sent were not really able to show me what I need.

I need some pics of the front axle and upwards from there and down from the arm rest and from the side in as much detail as possible. If you cannot sort them let me know and we will see if someone nearby can help. It is just so that the project definitely fits first time.

Graham (Flash in the pan) doesn't like publicity but he has been an absolute star when it has come to stuff for these two projects. He is sending several bits towards it in the post tonight!

Nattelie,

I will need some better pictures of the chair though. The ones you sent were not really able to show me what I need.

I need some pics of the front axle and upwards from there and down from the arm rest and from the side in as much detail as possible. If you cannot sort them let me know and we will see if someone nearby can help. It is just so that the project definitely fits first time.

Ok, no worries. I can get you measurements too if you like? (well, hubby can, :LOL:) if you tell me what measurements you need?

So an image straight on and an image from the side, yeh?
My Chair has front and rear suspension - is that going to be a problem?

Thankyou for the remote too.

FITP, thank you very much xx

Darren,

Can I say that what you have done for Wheels and now for Nattelie is fantastic and good for Rob intiiating it.

I donated to Wheels project. Would love to help practically but that's not my forte. However, if you need more funds to finish Nattelie's project, let me know. I will happily donate. I'm off to Scotland Sunday and will be offline for a week so if anything is urgent, let me know asap.

Ken

Nattelie,

Watch him Nattelie he has a habit of getting on his knees taking photos between my legs etc :LOL: I am so pleased Nattelie and someone else is going to benefit from this. You are a remarkable woman Nattelie and well if I could do more to help I hope you know I would.

Darren,

Can I say that what you have done for Wheels and now for Nattelie is fantastic and good for Rob intiiating it.

I donated to Wheels project. Would love to help practically but that's not my forte. However, if you need more funds to finish Nattelie's project, let me know. I will happily donate. I'm off to Scotland Sunday and will be offline for a week so if anything is urgent, let me know asap.

Ken

Top man (y)

Thank you, ken.

I don't know what else to say, I'm a bit overwhelmed TBH - and not knowing what to say is probably a first for me :LOL:

LOL Wheels and thank you.

xxxx

Overwhelming is how I feel and probably still will do in months if not years to come, because of the 3 things I have gone through, I am ashamed to say my mental health has suffered and believe me I say that with a saddend heart, I am ashamed of who I am and how I am, but you lot have made me feel so welcome/normal(ISH):LOL: I cant wait to get everything and start learning of you lot. I am in soddin tears now for Nattelie :crying: but for joy. xxx

Thank you, ken.

I don't know what else to say, I'm a bit overwhelmed TBH - and not knowing what to say is probably a first for me :LOL:

LOL Wheels and thank you.

xxxx

Your welcome - I'm can help and that's all that matters.

The giver receives more than the receiver. Just enjoy.

Ken

It's another worthy cause's cry for help answered!

Well done to Darren for taking up the challenge yet again (y)

Overwhelming is how I feel and probably still will do in months if not years to come, because of the 3 things I have gone through, I am ashamed to say my mental health has suffered and believe me I say that with a saddend heart, I am ashamed of who I am and how I am, but you lot have made me feel so welcome/normal(ISH):LOL: I cant wait to get everything and start learning of you lot. I am in soddin tears now for Nattelie :crying: but for joy. xxx

Julian,

There is nothing to be ashamed about. We are who we are. We are all different and we should acknowledge that but not be ashamed.

My wife has the early stages of Alzheimer's and she is struggling with how she is so I know what it's like. I say to her just enjoy what you have. Easier said than done I know.

You have given a lot of joy to others on here.

Ken

Never be ashamed of who your are or what your body becomes. Some of us just reach the golden years earlier than others. :LOL: For those who haven't read the poem...
I cannot see
I cannot pee
I cannot chew
I cannot screw
Good grief, what can I do?
My memory shrinks
My hearing stinks
No sense of smell
I look like hell
My mood is bad - can you tell?
My body's drooping
Have trouble pooping
The Golden Years have come at last
The Golden Years can kiss my ass! :nuts:

Seriously though, never be ashamed of who you are. You're a great guy and no matter what is thrown in your path, you can get through it - which you've proved time and time again. That to me, is a strong person - one to be proud of.

I am just hoping there is enough left to get any extra bits I have not yet thought of. Getting the 222 has eased the pressure. Just need some other bits then some large non latching buttons then finally the plates painting black!

I am just hoping there is enough left to get any extra bits I have not yet thought of. Getting the 222 has eased the pressure. Just need some other bits then some large non latching buttons then finally the plates painting black!

Are you skiving off work???

Im sure I speak for most of the people on the forum, if you come up short, pop a post and I will certainly give a donation.(y)

Dave

I donated to Wheels project. Would love to help practically but that's not my forte. However, if you need more funds to finish Nattelie's project, let me know. I will happily donate.

Ditto. Just say the word Cowasaki!!!

Can't you paint it pink so that Julian curses you for the next few years :LOL:

Im sure I speak for most of the people on the forum, if you come up short, pop a post and I will certainly give a donation.(y)

Dave

Ditto

I can let you have a magic arm (well used) and a superclamp (as new) if you like, only catch is im away from home and cant post it until the 24th at the earliest. But if you want it its your's.

Euan, that would be very helpful thanks. Anybody else want to donate money or useful items then please can you pm me. Sorry I'm at work at the moment just grabbing a quick bite to eat (oh and Julian I wasn't slicing earlier I was on the loo!)

Euan, that would be very helpful thanks. Anybody else want to donate money or useful items then please can you pm me. Sorry I'm at work at the moment just grabbing a quick bite to eat (oh and Julian I wasn't slicing earlier I was on the loo!)

Donation sent.

Ken

Thanks everyone. I am going to build more of these and taylor them to the disabled person who needs them. Anything left over from any project goes to the next one but, really, thanks everyone. I only have a moment whilst I am on the loo!! As I am at work. But I am after donations of any manfrotto 055 tripods in any condition even broken, 222 joystick heads, maigic clamps or arms. Plus money for other bits either by bt or paypal to my acc and I will transfer it to an account specifically for these projects. The paypal is (without the spaces) "eb ay @ cow as aki.co.UK" thanks everyone.

Also if anyone feels someone needs some help let me know. I can particularly help wheel chair bound toggers.

Last edited:
Back