Property photography

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Does anyone know from experience if estate agents etc use dedicated photographers?

I'm tempted to email a few offering a couple of free photoshoots for me to try out and for them to see my work. I usually shoot cars but want to give property photography a go. I have done one photoshoot before for a beauty therapist.

Thanks,
Beav

If you realise that there is very little money in photographing cars, wait until you see what an estate agent will offer you. Oh and they'll want a floor plan as well.

my estate agent on our last sale said they had to take the photos so there would be no misreprentation and if there was they were insured...etc
however they didnt do a very good shot of the front on a dull day so i sent them same shot same pov framing etc but on a nice sunny day...they used that but that was the exterior...
its wide angle shots they wont use..need to keep perspective accurate
but good luck if you find one who will use you for any photos which wouldnt be outwith their official remit

My friend was selling and used an agent who offered them the “standard” agent pics taken with a compact. Or they could pay an extra £500 for “professional” shots taken by a local pro. They opted for the latter and paid the agent. The pics were great, to be fair. The guy waited for a sunny day and did a nice job. I have no idea how much he was paid, however, but I’m assuming it must have been less than £500 for a full day shooting plus all the pp work afterwards. So some agents do use dedicated professionals, so might be worth asking the question.

In spite of that, the house didn’t sell.

There is a market for everything including estate photography. However you need to be set up for it, and offer an exceptional service.
Including Drone. pole, VR , video, and top quality images of the interiors with exposure fusion where necessary.
You can then attract the top of market agents and properties. But breaking in to that field will not be easy, we are talking properties starting at one million plus here. And higher still around London..
It would also help to offer the services of a stylist, dresser to take care of the finer details. As in glossy magazine shoots.

There is no money in the lower end properties, where agents do a, do It them selves, compact shoot. Or expect to pay peanuts.

It will be great if you also know how to do 'Home Stage' (ie House Doctor) as well

Many estate agents either use a company that also does the floorpans and the certificate that covers heat ratings etc, or they have somebody in house that does it (probably the marketing manager/team that also looks after online stuff).

I've done a bit of it and to be honest, to get really good shots takes time and experience.

Back