PS4

Edit My Images
No
So. Who is?

I've already got my pre order in.

The Xbone has been slaughtered! :LOL:

Im waiting to see if they're going with the "You cant play secondhand games on it without paying us even more money" trick the x box has first.
*******s.

NYoRHpl.gif

One of the most overrated game series ever. The marketing works though, I've bought them all :shrug:

All hail the Master Chief, nothing overrated about halo imo

Theres just no decent characters on the PS platform other than Drake, whereas xbox has The master chief, Marcus and Shepard, yeah I know he's on the ps platform now but hes an xbox original :)

We have both consoles in my house the PS3 is my sons but I rarely buy PS3 titles. I once bought Fallout vegas with all the extras for the PS3 thinking it couldnt crash as much as the xbox version, I was wrong it crashed more :LOL:

Steve

No DRM with Sony.

PS4 rules. :D

I think Microsoft will quietly let that idea slip soon but either way its gonna be pretty irrelevent. In the not too distant future you'll be buying your games and downloading them to your console of choice, disks are gonna be a thing of the past :cool: I believe the majority of games purchased for the PC are via downloads such as steam already. Microsofts biggest problem imo is the price, if Sony really can undercut them by nearly £100 then Xbox will suffer. Thats of course is assuming Sony can get it out in time :thinking:

Steve

Theres just no decent characters on the PS platform other than Drake, whereas xbox has The master chief, Marcus and Shepard, yeah I know he's on the ps platform now but hes an xbox original :)

Who gives a ***** at the end of the day? I dont, I just want entertaining games. Theres plenty of them available for PS3. (And xbox too I imagine) but at least I can watch blu rays on my PS3 as well.

I must have played 30 odd good titles on the playstation, ones that stand out as being very good, from memory, are:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Far Cry 3
Red Dead Redemption
Dead Space 1 and 2
inFamous 1 and 2
Batman Arkham: asylum and city
Dishonored
BioShock 1 and 2
Uncharted series

Am I bovvered I cant play Halo? Nope. Are xbox owners bovvered they cant play Uncharted? I doubt it.

From what Im getting so far on this thread looks like Im in for a PS4 when they come out.

Just looked in to Gran Turismo 6. Its being released in Feb 2014 :D

On the PS3????!!!:wacky:

So GT7 will be another 3 years away.

Genius!

What do the consoles offer that is new in terms of games?? Not a huge amount.

I like the screen on the Wii U controller and how it can be used - map, inventory, scanner etc. Or you can play the game on the controllers screen and let the missus watch TV.

Xbox - lots of games
PS4 - probably better and cheaper, but lacks games
WiiU - no games, but some great ideas.

Apple need to get the app store onto the AppleTV, cheap and cheerful gaming, how would the console manufacturers respond. £99 for a console and £3 a game compared to £300 for a console and £50 a game. Yes they are smaller games, but will it remain that way??

We have both consoles in my house the PS3 is my sons but I rarely buy PS3 titles. I once bought Fallout vegas with all the extras for the PS3 thinking it couldnt crash as much as the xbox version, I was wrong it crashed more :LOL:

Steve

Absoluley Halo is awesome:D
really want to like the newXbox but the thing with secondhand games will stop us getting it
Ive already registered my gamertag with Sony:)
the missus is really into her games and buys them secondhand plays them and trades them back , so the new Xbox is a no go for us
I do think Steves right tho Microsoft will drop the idea about secondhand games
they will have to or else nobody will buy the console

I do think Steves right tho Microsoft will drop the idea about secondhand games
they will have to or else nobody will buy the console

They may well do. Then, when they've sold a load, release a firmware "update" that puts it back.

They may well do. Then, when they've sold a load, release a firmware "update" that puts it back.

Good point that pretty sure we going for Sony this time tho
Have been a fan of the xbox for years since the first one

Xbox - lots of games
PS4 - probably better and cheaper, but lacks games
WiiU - no games, but some great ideas.

Apple need to get the app store onto the AppleTV, cheap and cheerful gaming, how would the console manufacturers respond. £99 for a console and £3 a game compared to £300 for a console and £50 a game. Yes they are smaller games, ut will it remain that way??

playstation has 20 exclusive titles in the first year, Xbone only 15. i think there will be plenty of games, Microsoft just pay for timed exclusivity

playstation has 20 exclusive titles in the first year, Xbone only 15. i think there will be plenty of games, Microsoft just pay for timed exclusivity

To be honest I cant say I'm bothered xbox1 or ps4 pretty much of a muchness. I play the 360 and the PS3 and I cant say I notice the supposedly graphic superiority of the PS3 over the 360 only advantage for me is the larger capacity of the PS3 so no disk changes.

Good point that pretty sure we going for Sony this time tho
Have been a fan of the xbox for years since the first one

Honestly there will be a hard push for download only games, that's the model both Sony and Microsoft want to adopt. Its already happening in the PC world were hardly any games are bought on disk its only a matter of time before that happens on the consoles. Personally I welcome it and I am a big 2nd hand gamer who rarely buys new games but the convenience of download and discounted new titles is appealing

Steve

I dropped sony from the minute the origional xbox was announced. Everyone thought I was mad, pre ordering it.But eventualy I would say 80% of my mates made the change within a few years.

Xbox live is just better for me over playstation network. Even if you have to pay and I prefer the controller.

BUT I must say im tempted to switch back.
The things Microsoft have gone with put me off. The second hand games isnt that big an issue for me. As I always buy new. But having to sign in every 24 hours and the talk about kinects being always on puts me off in ways. They wont reaky affect me as I only play online (havnt played a single player game in about 5 years) but the principle behind it and the fact that u dont actualy own anything but a port of connection seems wrong.

There seems to be a big back lash from the majority of the community. So hopefully they will go back on these issues. If not I think there following will suffer.

I've had an Xbox for years, and love it - there is also a PS3 that sits next to it, that is a souped up BR player, as I rarely game on it, mainly because I hate the PS controller.

I preordered both next gen consoles, and have cancelled my Xbox order this week........Microsoft have completely screwed up, and are probably losing a lot more of their loyal fanbase aside from just me......

Well that didnt take long did it. :D:D:D

Now they just need to reduce the price.

Yeah massive much needed U-turn from MS, if they could now get it down to £199 then it would be game over.

Yeah massive much needed U-turn from MS, if they could now get it down to £199 then it would be game over.

Won't be that cheap anytime soon. Good that they listened, but bad that they blame the consumers for the removal of 'features'

Yes the u turn is good news but I guess Steve is right digital download is the future but I'm old fashioned and like having the disk
Am the same with music still buying CDs not yet bought any music from iTunes!
There's still lots of games that I've not played yet on the 360 so will be a while before I get a new console:)

Talking about exclusive content, PS3 has this Last of us which is the only game Ive ever seen given a 10 - master piece award! (On IGN)

Will definitely be getting this at some point.

Last edited:
Talking about exclusive content, PS3 has this Last of us which is the only game Ive ever seen given a 10 - master piece award! (On IGN)

Will definitely be getting this at some point.

I'm only a couple of hours in at the mo' DorsetDude, but it is a brilliant experience so far.

I only downloaded it on Thursday, and have been away for the weekend so haven't had another chance to play which has been gutting!! :(

I'm itching to finish work and get back home to continue with the story.

PC wins everytime, but for consoles - PS4 won the first and very important battle.
Let's see how it goes further

I am sure that PS4 will win the next console battle. Although Microsoft have taken back some of their decisions, lots of people don't trust them anymore. Also, many are very reluctant to get a system that spies their homes 24/7. Last but not least the PS4 will be cheaper. No doubt Xbox Fans will get the Xbox One but a majority of the people that are undecided and no fanboys will shift towards the PS4.

I think it it could go either way. I have preordered the PS4 but am a little disappointed they have removed the sensor bar from the package.

In terms of what the XBox monitors when on standby and what it does with the data is unknown, but I would be happy for it to stay monitoring the room its it if it improves the usability of the console.

I think it it could go either way. I have preordered the PS4 but am a little disappointed they have removed the sensor bar from the package.
To be pedantic, they would have needed to have specified it as part of a package to remove it. That said, I'm still expecting two options at launch - one with and one without.

I put my pre-order in with Amazon the day it went up. I just can't resist shiny new technology.

Although I bought a PS3 not too long ago, I might pick up a PS4 as well half a year or so after it it's been released. The graphics just look too good... :)

So, three years later who's playing what?

I use the PS4 as my main console and Xbone for its exclusives.

Sony has done a great job this generation giving gamers what they wanted and developers a good platform to work with.

MS on the other haven really messed up on this generation, the pre-release was a disaster and they thought they could tell people what they wanted... I look forward to seeing the Project Scorpio from them next year though :)

So, three years later who's playing what?

Im Xbox one.
Main reason for Xbox was HDMI pass through (tivo into XB into TV.......less cables going into TV)
I prefer Forza to Gran Turismo and it streams my music and movies from the laptop/external hard drives flawlessly.

Back