Public Liability Insurance

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been wondering, I only shoot Sunday League at the moment, but should I have insurance cover? Now, when I spoke to Charlton, they said I needed to (fair enough) but the examples they gave were if I spilt hot coffee over a spectator or someone tripped over my monopod or kit. Surely that's more likely at a Sunday League game with no stands and people wandering up and down touchline with me?

It might be worth it just to cover yourself. If a sunday league player ran/slid into your or your kit or a spectator tripped over your kit bag or any of your kit and was injured, you could well find them making a claim against you.

If you have insurance on your kit there is normally an option for some sort of public liability cover.

Thanks for your reply, I thought it might be a good idea really because as you said if someone does slide into me and injures themselves and can't work then it will be my fault.

I'll look into it:)

Yes I did but wasn't sure if it would apply to the bottom levels of Sunday League

Well, it applies to anywhere you're working professionally around the general public (ie, anybody who's not your employee).

Who are the best people to get insurance & public liability with?

Who are the best people to get insurance & public liability with?

There hasnt been enough claims made to give an answer on that.. However the main two used are photoguard.co.uk and aaduki.com

Lots of threads on this subject if you search the site :)

Ok thanks I'll do some research.

Aviva aren't that terrible, but I'll be switching to Towergate when it comes up for renewal due to the per-item value allowed by Aviva, and Towergate's overall better cover.

Thanks everyone for your replies, will look into getting some insurance

Thanks

I've just switched from Morgan Richardson to Photo Shield. Had a similar quote from Aaduki but Photo Shield shaded it for me.

Back