Pulling my hair out with Imac issues

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning

I have an iMac 2017 and it's driving me insane. I can't use any version of Lightroom as it just crashes all the time, adobe support couldn't help, they thought it was a catalogue issue but it wasn't so I have now cancelled my sub, I have now bought Capture One and the same thing is happening, it just crashes when I'm editing. I bought this for editing my photos and I can't even do that now, every other app and program run fine just photo editing apps crash. I feel jinxed :(
Anyone else had problems like this?

If it is not the software - and it cannot be if more than one program is doing it - it must be the hardware.

Go through your process are you uploading raw or j.pegs ,direct from camera or via a card reader ? Are you uploading in date order .. in all honesty there should have been no problems with lightroom ? Do you have your camera date set up correctly ?

You do have the option of uploading into (photos ) on your i.mac .it’s crude but does work people forget it’s there

The only other thing I can think of is it might be a corrupted card ? How many pics on it

Last edited:
Go through your process are you uploading raw or j.pegs ,direct from camera or via a card reader ? Are you uploading in date order .. in all honesty there should have been no problems with lightroom ? Do you have your camera date set up correctly ?

You do have the option of uploading into (photos ) on your i.mac .it’s crude but does work people forget it’s there

The only other thing I can think of is it might be a corrupted card ? How many pics on it
I always transfer my photos to the desktop folder in raw, the camera or card is never connected to LR plus the fact it happens on all my 3 cameras in either raw or jpeg format. Adobe said it was my catalog , they repaired it but it still happened and made no difference and the fact it also does the same in capture one :(

I always transfer my photos to the desktop folder in raw, the camera or card is never connected to LR plus the fact it happens on all my 3 cameras in either raw or jpeg format. Adobe said it was my catalog , they repaired it but it still happened and made no difference and the fact it also does the same in capture one :(
you haven't really answered the questions properly .
1 are you using a card reader... if so which make /model etc
2 is the date-time set correctly in camera
3 have you tried up loading to PHOTOS on your i.mac
4 how many photos on your card and do you format it in camera after every session
5 have you tried a different s.d card in case this ones corrupted

just trying to eliminate different things it could be , I know how frustrating it is when things go tits up .so take this in the manner its posted i.e to help you .
there are various things it could be so one by one elimination is the only way ...... you do give one clue away why are you uploading to a desk top folder ? it should go straight into the application

Last edited:
you haven't really answered the questions properly .
1 are you using a card reader... if so which make /model etc
2 is the date-time set correctly in camera
3 have you tried up loading to PHOTOS on your i.mac
4 how many photos on your card and do you format it in camera after every session
5 have you tried a different s.d card in case this ones corrupted

just trying to eliminate different things it could be , I know how frustrating it is when things go tits up .so take this in the manner its posted i.e to help you .
there are various things it could be so one by one elimination is the only way ...... you do give one clue away why are you uploading to a desk top folder ? it should go straight into the application
1.No card reader, USB c cable straight into my Mac
2.yes date is set correctly
3.no I just upload to a folder on my desktop
4.around 30Gb on my card and no I usually format when it's nearly full
5.yes I have tried 5 more cards and get the same error

Regarding uploading to my desktop, this is just the way I work, I delete the photos I don't like then point LR in the direction of said folder

Running a bench test on your cpu and ram might be worth a go. Might give you an idea of what is failing.

if you can or want to get a usb 3.0 card reader , could possibly be the usb cable playing up ? I use a lexar never had a problem with it

also just try uploading raw files straight into *photos* on your Mac o.k its not sophisticated but its built in so worth a try rather than a folder . if they load its not the c.p.u or ram

at the moment I would suspect the usb cable as the prime problem ..never a good idea to download off the camera

if you can or want to get a usb 3.0 card reader , could possibly be the usb cable playing up ? I use a lexar never had a problem with it

also just try uploading raw files straight into *photos* on your Mac o.k its not sophisticated but its built in so worth a try rather than a folder . if they load its not the c.p.u or ram

at the moment I would suspect the usb cable as the prime problem ..never a good idea to download off the camera
Thanks, i shall order one from amazon and see if that helps (y)

Back