Quayside Sunset

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
I found myself (for once) in the right place at the right time down on the Quayside in Newcastle. It's a shot that's been done many times, but this was the first time I've managed to get a good sunset behind the bridges, Sage and Baltic.

Quayside Sunset by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

The only shame was that there was a very stiff breeze that made getting any sort of reflection or silky water nigh on impossible. Still, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Cheers,

Simon.

(Flickr or the forum software has mullered this :()

Last edited:
Looks great looking at it on my phone here. Looks like you picked a fine evening for it.

…even the shadowy side of the buildings is there. cool!

Lovely shot. As you say, right time and a fantastic, well photographed place. Well done!

Looks great looking at it on my phone here. Looks like you picked a fine evening for it.

…even the shadowy side of the buildings is there. cool!

Lovely shot. As you say, right time and a fantastic, well photographed place. Well done!

Awesome, that is some sky.. Ours are always grey.. :-(

Wow lovely shot that !

Thanks everyone :). It was a fantastic sunset!

Cheers,

Simon.

Great sky but with reflections it would be a definitive image of this view

Thanks Steve. I completely agree about the reflections. A friend was shooting down there the day after me. He had reflections, but a cloudless sky with no colour. The joys of landscape photography! I definitely want the shot as you describe it, so I'll keep going back to this location until I get it :)

Cheers,

Simon.

Love that shot and like you say right place at right time. Whereabouts did you take that from as I never seem to venture further than the apartments further down front the pitcher and piano.

Andy

Love that shot and like you say right place at right time. Whereabouts did you take that from as I never seem to venture further than the apartments further down front the pitcher and piano.

Andy

Thanks Andy. You don't have to head too much further down. I was roughly opposite Jury's Inn when I took this.

Cheers,

Simon.

Back