Question about location for Forth Bridge

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm back in Scotland for the next six weeks and want to get out and take photos, been home 3 days and bored already!

Thinking the sunset might be good tonight and was thinking of doing the Forth Bridge, my question is can anyone advise where to park and where you can get down on to the shore to take photos?

Also, any other locations that might be good that are within 1-2 hours of Glasgow?

Cheers in anticipation

You need to go down to the lifeboat station in the ferry, plenty parking there and access to the shore but im not sure how far back along the shore from the bridge you'll need to go to achive a decent sunset shot.

By ferry I'm refering to South Queensferry.

As per Jim

Plenty parking near the Lifeboat house.

If you want sunset shots of the road bridge then anywhere near the parking area is sufficient. If it's the rail bridge sunset shot you want then a a wee walk past the lifeboat house and on to the small area of beach should serve you well!

Depends if you want high or low level sunsets really. At high level head behind the shell garage on the east side of the bridge (south shore). I came over that way last night between 9 & 10 and there were some great skies with the hills behind silhouetted nicely :)

Longcraig Pier, 3 Longcraig Rd, South Queensferry EH309TD (Scout Water Activity Centre)

Try there, get a great view of the setting sun with the bridges in the foreground.
CAn etiehr park between the bridges and walk along to the pier or take the car along if its not too busy.

I 'went' there the other day (was in Edinburgh), this time of year is nice for side light on the pier in the evening. I'd say a high tide is better to hide the dog ugly muddy foreground you get at low tide, but I still got some nice shots then by shooting off the lifeboat pier to close the gap between foreground and bridge.

Back