Question Superfast Battery Strobe

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
Is their a Battery powered studio flash available that has the same speed as a Lencarta Superfast 300/600 or the Essential storm II 400/600

I think the AD600pro is pretty quick, but not quite up to the speed of a superfast.
@mike weeks might be able to give you some real world specs.

Last edited:
Reactions: TG.
I think the AD600pro is pretty quick, but not quite up to the speed of a superfast.

It is quick on low settings Phil but not up to the others mentioned. I think the Lencarta superfast and the Essential storm are fast recycle times on higher settings, I seem to remember a few years ago when we were at Garry's studio we used the superfast and I remember them being quick recycling times at higher power,(not used them since then) I only ask as I was having a conversation with someone the other day and I said I didn't think a battery light with fast recycling times on higher power existed, I'm guessing if they do they will cost the earth.

Last edited:

Budget?

It's just a general question Kodiak, I'm not looking to buy one.

Yes Mike I do mean recharging times, along with flash duration.

At which power range? It's quite a large difference between its fastest and slowest flash durations.

Off the top of my head I'd guess Siros/Move and Pro-B4 would be pretty close, Hensel probably has some too (if you can find a retailer for them over here).

Yes Mike I do mean recharging times, along with flash duration.

the AD600 PRO has reduced charging time but nowt beats those Godox QT 600 II heads (based on price), however my AD600 PRO can keep pace with my D500 at 10fps when set to 1/16 + 0.7 power (1/3 stop under 1/8 power) and that has a flash duration of about 1/2500 s at that power, so you can see the AD600PRO is a lot more than your standard flash

Mike

That's impressive, got a AD600 pro today, battery is charging, will have a play in the next couple of days :)

Guy I was talking to sent me this link https://shop.godox.co.uk/products/wflash/iluxtm-summit-600-iii-ttl-flash-head-tx-transmitter.html

I guess this is what he was referring to but I'm not that great on the tech side of things, but I know some of you on here are :D

That's the iLux Summit 600C-III. Not sure what the difference is, but I tested the 600C-II recently and it's not a match for the AD600 let alone the AD600-Pro.

iLux II is very powerful for 600Ws, about a third of a stop up on Godox, and a bit smaller and lighter, but recycle time is very slow - like 6.9 secs to a true 100% charge. AD600-Pro is an astonishing under one second, while everything else struggles to get much under two seconds. And there's no 'system' like Godox or Profoto.

Last edited:
At which power range? It's quite a large difference between its fastest and slowest flash durations.

Off the top of my head I'd guess Siros/Move and Pro-B4 would be pretty close, Hensel probably has some too (if you can find a retailer for them over here).
You won't find a retailer for Hensel, they've gone.

I'm told it was a few weeks ago, sad I know, but they won't be the last of the old European names to go.

Any more already gone other than Hensel and Bowens? I had not seen anything about Hensel, were they bought out or gone bust?
It was mentioned to me in passing by someone who knows just about everything that's going on in the industry, I didn't ask for details.

There have been a lot of other casualties, mainly amount Chinese companies that are virtually unknown to the public in this country, and the way this industry is going, there will be many more within the next 3 years, ending up with just one major player and maybe a couple of other firms that may be able to occupy niche positions. It's what their buying public has chosen.

Back