Quick Lightroom Question

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there a way to force Lightroom to show the full file structure in the "Library Panel" ?

Thanks

Not that I've discovered. And I have (half-heartedly) looked.

Right click (on pc) on any folder in the Folders pane, choose "Show Parent Folder" - repeat on the parent (s) until you have the full path.

Right click (on pc) on any folder in the Folders pane, choose "Show Parent Folder" - repeat on the parent (s) until you have the full path.
Thanks Paul, I found the “Show Parent Folder” option but didn’t realise I’d have to work it all the way back to the root, lol.

Every day's a school day. Thanks Paul.

The good news is, it persists - so it will be as you leave it next time you open LR :)
Thanks Paul, just working my way back through them all now.

The good news is, it persists - so it will be as you leave it next time you open LR :)
Is there a way to do it the opposite way so that all folders and sub-folders are closed by default? I'm sure I had it on one of the earlier versions and I would prefer it this way. Solo mode is good for the panels, it would be good for the folders as well.

Is there a way to do it the opposite way so that all folders and sub-folders are closed by default? I'm sure I had it on one of the earlier versions and I would prefer it this way. Solo mode is good for the panels, it would be good for the folders as well.
Depending on what you wish to achieve, you can as you say use solo mode. Also the opened or closed state of each folder persists between sessions (i.e. it stays as left when you close LR). If you want to permanently hide the parent folder, right click the parent and choose "Hide this parent" - Note that you must start at the topmost folder to see this option. Hope that is clear :)

Depending on what you wish to achieve, you can as you say use solo mode. Also the opened or closed state of each folder persists between sessions (i.e. it stays as left when you close LR). If you want to permanently hide the parent folder, right click the parent and choose "Hide this parent" - Note that you must start at the topmost folder to see this option. Hope that is clear :)
Yes that is the problem with it, the open or closed state of a folder persists and I do not want it to. I prefer having everything closed on app open. Solo mode only seems to provide the functionality for the panels.

Yes that is the problem with it, the open or closed state of a folder persists and I do not want it to. I prefer having everything closed on app open. Solo mode only seems to provide the functionality for the panels.
Sadly I think you may be out of luck. I am not aware of any option in LR that always opens the app with all panels collapsed.

Back