Quick Nikon question

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
As above, how good is the Nikon FE? Thinking of getting one veeerrry soon.

Cheers

Andy

OK, missed that one. Never mind.

So that was your starter question and as a follow up lets have a discussion about Nikon fillum cameras. Thing is I'm thinking of selling most of the stuff I've bought over the passed few months and buying one good Nikon film camera, so, which one? I'm not really looking to spend much (cheapskate) but, depending on how much I get for the old kit possibly upto £60-£70.
Thoughts and suggestions appreciated. (y)

Cheers

Andy

I got a beau F3 the other day for £73, it replaces the FM2n I tastefully re-shaped...doh, it still works fine I just fancied another F3..:)

as a follow up lets have a discussion about Nikon fillum cameras. Thing is I'm thinking of selling most of the stuff I've bought over the passed few months and buying one good Nikon film camera, so, which one? Andy

grit your teeth - forget about the money - and get an F3

only had mine a few weeks - every time i pick it up --- wow !

do you know about this website [ Malaysia] - massive info on Nikon/Nikkor stuff

here's the F3 ...."link"

Mmmm, must say the F3 looks like my favourite so far. I just feel I've gone a bit mad recently and need to scale back so one really good camera is probably enough.

Andy

Most Nikon film bodies are affordable now, the lenses less so. Manual focus Nikkors to fit an F3 are damned expensive.

I don't have any manual focus Nikon lenses, all mine are AF but they all work great on the FM and F3.
In fact I'd go so far as to say the FM has given a new lease of life to my old push pull 80-200, this lens is baudacious to use on a film body but an asmatic cow running AF on a D200.
:)

There are so many to choose from, FM, FM2, FE, FE2, F3, FTN etc. and all the variations on these. An F3 went for £36 last night yet the buy it now price can be upto £199 or even more. Anyway I'm watching lots at the moment and I'll make my decision as and when I see where the prices are going. I quite like the look of both the FM2 and FE2 anyone used either of these?

Andy

I quite like the look of both the FM2 and FE2 anyone used either of these?

Andy

Yep, the FM2 is a great camera, feels great in the hand, not too light there is some substance to it, and its slick to use.
Dunno about the FE, I think it has more electronics in it.

OK John, thanks for that. I'm thinking FM, FE or F3, watching a few at the moment so I'll wait to see which (if any) stay within my budget.

Andy

Ok whilst we are talking about Nikon film bodies whats a reasonable amount to pay for a F90x with date back ?

This site is the one I use to find out about all things Nikon, including information about the FE.

However, why not consider the FM3a? It is, in truth, a hybrid between the FM2 and FE, so you get the best of both worlds. Only problem is that no longer produced and second hand prices are almost what one would have paid new ... and mine is most definitely not for sale!

Back