Quick test for the new lens

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! :notworthy: x a million!!!!!!!!! :p :D

:agree: with all of the above!!! Number one is awesome. Which lens is it?

#1 and #2 are utterly superb shots, no question. But I must admit I'm curious to know what they looked like before you cut out the kingfishers and pasted them onto that artificial blue background. Do you still have the originals?

Also... any particular reason who you use the 5D+600 combo? I mean, for what you splashed on the 600, you could have got a 500 and a 40D, which would give you a field of view equivalent to 800 on your 5D - and you'd still have £1000 in your pocket. I thought the general opinion was that the 40D is the birders' camera these days?

Also... any particular reason who you use the 5D+600 combo? I mean, for what you splashed on the 600, you could have got a 500 and a 40D, which would give you a field of view equivalent to 800 on your 5D - and you'd still have £1000 in your pocket. I thought the general opinion was that the 40D is the birders' camera these days?

I'm working on 'em! :D

Canon 600mm f4L IS. :woot:
Crikey! I'd have to sell the kids to get one of those. Looking at these shots, it might just be worth it... :whistle:

Fan-bloody-tastic Mitch! Looking forward to seeing some more. (y)

Thanks again everyone.
I think the Lens can take the credit for these shots, it's far better than i expected and so sharp as i said apart from cropping the first two are straight from the camera and another 36 taken at that distance are as sharp or sharper.

CT, i will try the 30D on Sat, as for the 40D more pixels more frames Mmmm, think i feel a sale coming on.

[S1] mitch. mitch. mitch.[/S1]

somebody stop this man posting...

how can the rest compete against this..

tfs

md(y)

ps as im sure you know these are top notch..:clap:

CT, i will try the 30D on Sat, as for the 40D more pixels more frames Mmmm, think i feel a sale coming on.

I look forward to seeing the results. Good luck and good light! (y)

Fantastic shots! That first one is awesome :clap:

I can vouch for the 40d, having taken it to the RSPB reserve recently for the first time. Works beautifully and will work oh so well with the 600 I'm sure...

I look forward to seeing the results. Good luck and good light! (y)
Thanks CT, forecast is good.

Fantastic shots! That first one is awesome :clap:

I can vouch for the 40d, having taken it to the RSPB reserve recently for the first time. Works beautifully and will work oh so well with the 600 I'm sure...
Cheers Weggy, if i get good results with the 30D Kerso could be getting a PM.

Damn you !!!! ...... :bat:

Now I am going to have to smash my piggy bank open to see if I have enough cash for one as well .... :D

Only another £5,000 needed ..... :crying:

Damn you !!!! ...... :bat:

Now I am going to have to smash my piggy bank open to see if I have enough cash for one as well .... :D

Only another £5,000 needed ..... :crying:

Ask Kerso (y) I think i'm gonna sell all my gear exept for the 300 and the 600, just can't see me using anything else.:D

Looks great Mitch. Lovely capture. You can give the lens credit but these "big gns" do need skill to get decent pictures so you can't hide it all behind the lens.

Do you do guided trips to Strumpshaw? :D

Fabulous - I too nearly missed these due to the thread title, but I'm so glad I looked. No. two is just awesome - very well done you!

Looks great Mitch. Lovely capture. You can give the lens credit but these "big gns" do need skill to get decent pictures so you can't hide it all behind the lens.

Do you do guided trips to Strumpshaw? :D
Thanks GB, I'm thinking about it, let me know if your coming over sometime and i'll try and meet you.

Fabulous - I too nearly missed these due to the thread title, but I'm so glad I looked. No. two is just awesome - very well done you!

Thanks Witch, will try and think of something better next time.

Mich, Awesome pictures. Thanks very much for trusting me with the lens purchase. Best regards Ian.
Thanks GB, I'm thinking about it, let me know if your coming over sometime and i'll try and meet you.

Thanks Witch, will try and think of something better next time.

Mitch ,two of the best bird shots ive ever seen , you can even see the highlights in the birds and fishes eyes. Stunning !!! congrats

Thanks Ian, trust was never an issue.(y)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can vouch for that too..(y)

You were a good photographer before this lens Mitch, You are now at the top of the chain IMO..:clap:

Great shots. What lens is it?
I have just bought the 100-400IS, absolutely loving it.

Same here. Spent a considerable amount with Kerso, on several different occasions, and have never had a problem (y)

You were a good photographer before this lens Mitch, You are now at the top of the chain IMO..:clap:

Hmmmm. I'm finding it very hard not to hate Mitch right now! Cracking shots of a bird that I've not managed a single shot of. World class mate. :clap: (y)

Mitch ,two of the best bird shots ive ever seen , you can even see the highlights in the birds and fishes eyes. Stunning !!! congrats
Thanks gwh

Think i'm lucky to have Strumpshaw and some good kit ;)
when are you coming over Tim.

Great shots. What lens is it?
I have just bought the 100-400IS, absolutely loving it.
Cheers neogfx, lens is 600 f4 is usm.

Same here. Spent a considerable amount with Kerso, on several different occasions, and have never had a problem (y)

Hmmmm. I'm finding it very hard not to hate Mitch right now! Cracking shots of a bird that I've not managed a single shot of. World class mate. :clap: (y)
:LOL: thanks Weggy

That bird is still eluding me, I even paid a surprise visit this lunchtime to try and catch it out and still no joy:shrug:

Did here the Bitterns booming and saw a couple of Marsh Harriers hunting though, and I can't think of many better places to have lunch!

Having a sale are you, now which of my organs don't I need:thinking::D.

PS I haven't forgotton about a meet, just been too busy to think about venues before posting anything.

Superb. (y)
Think I'll quit now :)

That bird is still eluding me, I even paid a surprise visit this lunchtime to try and catch it out and still no joy:shrug:

Did here the Bitterns booming and saw a couple of Marsh Harriers hunting though, and I can't think of many better places to have lunch!

Having a sale are you, no which of my organs don't I need:thinking::D.

PS I haven't forgotton about a meet, just been too busy to think about venues before posting anything.

Havn't heard the booming yet, saw one saturday through the smoke (reed burning), i was there for 5 hours and the Kingfisher showed up 3x but the light was bl**dy awful.
Tried the 30D on the 600+1.4 and was unimpressed will try again in better light.

There seems to be a few members who fancy a trip to Strumpshaw :shrug:

Superb. (y)
Think I'll quit now :)

Thanks Hairy, once your hooked you can't quit this Forum or Photography.:D

Havn't heard the booming yet, saw one saturday through the smoke (reed burning), i was there for 5 hours and the Kingfisher showed up 3x but the light was bl**dy awful.
Tried the 30D on the 600+1.4 and was unimpressed will try again in better light.

There seems to be a few members who fancy a trip to Strumpshaw :shrug:

The light wasn't much better yesterday to be honest, but as I was in the area I thought I'd give it a try.

I can't think why:LOL: Strumpshaw would seem as good a place as any.

Back