Mitch
Edit My Images
Yes
and guess who showed up.
All 600 +1.4 on the 5D, cropped only.
IMG_9785.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_98221.JPG

I'm very impressed with the first 2 shots personally, but think 3 needs a bit of work.
TFL
Mitch

Far too good. Get a cheap lens:LOL:

Money well spent I take it?(y)(y)

coo err - they're good.

no need for c&c from me - you've already said it

WOW! If that's just a quick test I can't wait to see what you'll be posting when you get used to it :LOL:

No 1 & 2 are seriously good shots MM. About the best Kingfisher shots I've seen tbh :notworthy:

speechless, green with envy, and i feel sick, bloody brilliant

Superb. Jealous? Me? :clap::clap:

A quick test for a new lens is to throw it on the ground to see if it bounces. The pics aren't too bad either;)

Oh My God !!!!! :eek:

Im pretty much speechless!
Those first two images are really superb Mitch. :clap:
I know youve been waiting to get this one for a while so that fish shot must have you feeling well chuffed.
Congrats mate! (y)

Humungous quality leap with those first two shots! (y)

You'd probably do even better with the 20D. ;)

I would have to say that the first 2 shots are the best kingfisher shots i've ever seen.
Absolutely stunning !!! You lucky Fella, I reckon theese could be very good sellers, i'd maybe try doing a bit of something with the bottom of the post in the second.

Deano

once again mitch brilliant stuff, if i could only see a kingfisher i would be a happy man, let alone photograph it.
i take it this is strumpshaw again, wife and i are definately going next year, so i hope this chap is still about then.

Thanks everyone, to say i'm pleased with the new lens is an understatement.

Ian, i was told today that the Bittern was seen on the grass area right below where you stood, and two Otters were seen fighting and drawing blood, again on the grass at the waters edge.

Well done mitch :clap: worth waiting for the lens mate with a shot like #2 excellent (y)

The best pictures you have posted by far Mitch, Simply stunning..:clap:

Wow, nuff said ;)

Oh WOW Mitch. some how I missed these earlier, :shrug:
#1 & #2 are just superb!(#1 just wins it by a nose (y) )
Sorry mate don't like #3 though

pah that L glass is a con! :D

Awesome shots mate, well done.

Fancy hiding shots like this with that thread title!

nearly missed seeing them!

:clap:

:clap: WOW!

Fantastic pictures. Particularly like the first two.

Stunning pics, I reckon you've made my mind up, I am in the market for either a 400 f2.8 or 500 / 600 f4 I reckon I'll go the 600 f4 route as I regularly see kingfishers ;)

congrats on a superb lens
and great pics of the kingfisher :clap::clap::clap:
I bet you're having a well deserved smug grin to self!!!!!

Awsome shots Mitch! Number 1 is nigh on perfect imo.(y) What reserve you and Ian haunting? Im off to Seal Sands on Sunday so lets hope I have the same luck as you two.:)

They're that sharp you should wear gloves when you handle these Mitch. stunning subject. (y)

Back