R32OC Light Painted.

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out with a couple members of R32OC at the weekend, here are a couple pics from the shoot.

A Monster Supercharged RS4, btw... this car sounds amazing! :clap:

334349_381095441966117_1536320140_o.jpg

RS3

53110_381041375304857_324090096_o.jpg

C&C as always most welcome! (y)

Thanks for looking.

Excellent shots, especially the top one! What lighting did you use for these? And how did you get the detail so sharp in the car? (Sorry for picking your brains but automotive photography is a hobby!)

Nice. 1st is a good job! VERY tiny crit would be making them a little cooler for the light spill. Just a personal pref.

Love them both, but number 1 is the pick for me - could be the subject matter though!!!

Really nicely lit, and I like the leafy backdrop.

No2 wins the day for me. Its very nicely lit with a more interesting background which leads you into the shot. If anything the background is too dark for the car, making the car look PS'd in imo.

The lighting of the car is very good though, get the background up to the same quality and it'll be great.

theraven said:
Excellent shots, especially the top one! What lighting did you use for these? And how did you get the detail so sharp in the car? (Sorry for picking your brains but automotive photography is a hobby!)

Thank you very much, I am currently using two LED lights for the base coat of light and a LED torch for the reflections.

Sharpness prob down to the fact I'm using a 5D3?

Teshi said:
Nice. 1st is a good job! VERY tiny crit would be making them a little cooler for the light spill. Just a personal pref.

Thank you, when you say light spill, do you mean the base coat of light or the reflections?

PGD said:
No2 wins the day for me. Its very nicely lit with a more interesting background which leads you into the shot. If anything the background is too dark for the car, making the car look PS'd in imo.

The lighting of the car is very good though, get the background up to the same quality and it'll be great.

Thank you, yeah I did also think this for the RS3 shot, unfortunately I didn't have any other exposures to lean on, I didn't light any background whilst on location so was kinda made the best of what I have.

However, I did keep the surroundings at the front of my mind on another shot of the RS4, a prelim shot is up on my Facebook page. Once reworked ill post it here.

Thank you, when you say light spill, do you mean the base coat of light or the reflections?
Ah dont worry, looks better. Monitor at work is not so great. I was talking about the light hitting the ground. Looked quite warm before. Good job on these.

Very nice. I think I was reading about that RS4 the other day on another Audi forum..

Absolutely love these. I'm going to try and master these although the weather doesn't give me much motivation. We're they from 1 image and how long is the exposures?

TommyCole said:
Very nice. I think I was reading about that RS4 the other day on another Audi forum..

Yeah, seems to be well known - its lee wongs car, some nice dyno run videos can be googled.

Here's another from the series.

131725_383378981737763_808430481_o.jpg

i've gone a little snow blind with it now so will come back to this image and finish the errors at some point - which, are only minor though..

Back