Race of Champions 2015 - London Olympic Stadium

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Last event of the year for me and it was quite a biggie. I'm surprised there hasn't been any other threads posted, it really was an entertaining event :)

I was very fortunate to have accreditation for this, so I subsequently ran around like a starstruck headless chicken :confused:

Here's a small selection of my efforts... C&C welcome as always (no need to hold back)

1. the F1 stars were out in force, here's Danny Ric
Daniel Ricciardo by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Petter Solberg was a great laugh :D
Petter Solberg by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. Nico Hulkenberg couldn't quite live up to his German compatriot this time out
Nico Hülkenberg by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. It was crazy getting right up close to the superstars!
Felipe Massa by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. There's was a danger of coming home with a lot of similar shots, fortunately dragging the shutter wasn't a problem in the dark :|
Jolyon Palmer by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. The closest ever finish at the ROC as seen from the nosebleeds
Race of Champions by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Chris Hoy at home, sort of
Chris Hoy by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. Jason Plato wraps up this set, taking the win alongside Andy Priaulx on Friday for England
Jason Plato by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, hope you like them :) It's been a crazy year for me and I have a lot of people to thank, particularly Andrew and Paul, thanks so much for all your support!

Nice set. Glad you've had a good season, and I finally got to meet you at Silverstone.

What was access like - I was about 3 rows up from the front? What was the difference between the green tabards and the white ones? Stills / Video?

Well done on the accreditation, you've produced some great work this season, so well deserved. Of this set I like #1 best, the stripes from the lighting in the visor are a nice touch.

Well done on the accreditation, you've produced some great work this season, so well deserved. Of this set I like #1 best, the stripes from the lighting in the visor are a nice touch.

Cheers Neil, it was a different challenge shooting a stadium but an age shooting from stands at silverstone actually helped :)

A great set of pictures, looking at No 6 there does not appear to be much of a crowd watching the event.

There was about 28000 people there for the main event on the Saturday. The Nations Cup was on a Friday and in think there were about 15000 people there.

Decent size crowd then, just looks like a lot of empty seats.

A great set of pictures, looking at No 6 there does not appear to be much of a crowd watching the event.

Thanks chap... Like Andrew said It did pick up on Saturday, there was a lot of rumblings about tickets being over priced... Still it will be back next year, so hopefully some lesson will have been learnt

Last edited:
Great set of images, Jonny. My fav is #5 for sure as it give the impression of pure speed. well captured.

Enjoyed them all with 3 and 8 my favs.

Excellent set of images Jonathan !

I was there in the audience, so it's nice to see the action up close in these great photos.

Shame a photo can't reflect exactly how cold it was: I couldn't feel my toes for an hour after it finished!

lovely set of images there, I like how varied they are, well done!! You've achieved a good clarity to them in what must have been tricky condition?

Cracking Set

Excellent set of images Jonathan !

I was there in the audience, so it's nice to see the action up close in these great photos.

Shame a photo can't reflect exactly how cold it was: I couldn't feel my toes for an hour after it finished!

stunning colours, number one is a winner

lovely set of images there, I like how varied they are, well done!! You've achieved a good clarity to them in what must have been tricky condition?

Great set of pics - incredibly clear for an indoor event.

Thanks for the feedback folks, I really do appreciate it. Hopefully more to come this year :) give me a shout if you see me anywhere :D

Back