Radio Triggers

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, first post here :)

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a wireless trigger/receiver set - there seem to be an awful lot on ebay!

I would like to trigger these remotely with my Nikon D50:

1. SB-600 Speedlight (using SC-17 cord at the moment).

2. Interfit 150 Studio Kit (seriously considering purchasing)

Many thanks for any help.

Ordered one of these to remote fire a number of flash guns. Works fine

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16766&cat=274&page=1

Price is good to .

If you are going for the Interfits' You may be better off going for a IR trigger to use with them

Many thanks for the reply and link Chappers. That looks like a neat solution for firing the speedlight. I've also read that the speedlight can fire the studio lights without affecting exposure - lowest manual power setting, StoFen fitted and wrapped with gaffa tape - not so neat!

As for the studio lights, after doing some more reading I'm leaning towards the Elinchrom D-Lite2 Kit.

Apparently only the v2's have cactus wrote on, unfortunately mine doesn't...only pt-04 and can give mis fires on a 580ex & 530ex (I think) I don't really get any problems after changing channels unless my mobile or cordless phone are very close for some reason.
Bought mine off ebay for about £12 inc pp.....fast delivery and worth the money for a bit play.
Ken.

The Hong Kong ones are Cactus units. delivery takes about 10 days. Postage puts the price up, but as it's all in Dollars not to expensive. I think my bill was about £18 including P&P.

A neat trick I found the other day is to use the "camera" unit connected to a slave unit, which triggers another flash that is out of "line of site". with a main flash unit.

For the studio flash try these

http://www.fotosupplies.co.uk/Triggering_Devices/Product105.aspx

Thanks everyone, ordered the Hong Kong Cactus ones, and total was £19.94. Just have to wait now.

I'm very pleased with the D-Lite2s, just need a bigger house now :)

My SB-600 fires them perfectly, powered down to 1/64 with StoFen fitted and hidden under the table dangling from a cable.

I'll still need to keep the speedlight in the equation when I get the Cactus trigger, but at least it would get rid of the cable. And I could use it as a hair light, couldn't I?

I'm about to get an SB600, and would like the verstility of a wireless trigger, one that doesn't need pre-flashes.

Are these the best thing short of the pocket wizards?

Would it also be worth me getting a fixed cord for close work, i.e. macro subjects? Thinking of making a ringlight using the SB600

The Cactus trigger arrived on Friday, and its working perfectly with the SB-600, in Manual mode and no pre-flash. I think you'll only need a cable if you want to use the Nikon iTTL system. Unless your camera has Commander mode? My D50 doesn't.

I ordered a set fom gatgetinfity last friday (25th), turned up today. Good service. Will have a play over the weekend.
Cost me $37.95 so about £19.97 inc p&p.

Back