RAF Lakenheath, Mildenhall and Marham (17 images, 56k warning!)

Edit My Images
No
Right, went for massive aviation day today. It has been years since I have been 'spotting' and heres what I have come up with. C&C welcome. Enjoy.

L001.jpg

L002.jpg

L003.jpg

L004.jpg

L005.jpg

L006.jpg

L007.jpg

L008.jpg

L009.jpg

L0010.jpg

liking that shot of the Hercules and the F-14 taking off into the sunset. :D

Great shots, well done.

I noticed the date thing too (action re-visit required!) :)

Is that a Jaguar? Thought they were well past their sell-by dates!

F-14 taking off into the sunset. :D

F-15, landing ;) (y)

Thanks for the comments guys. I need to to update my Aperture watermark,... *gets to work*.

It wasnt bad for a days work. The Jag is from RAF Conningsby, he requested two approaches and then shot off. One of my fav planes, shame they are putting them to rest.

Having all three bases within 30 minutes of each other helps too. You can generally catch the morning slots at Lakenheath, then the lunch time landings at Marham followed by the evening arrivals of the F-15's back at Lakenheath. If you are into the waiting game Milldenhall offers C5's, KC10's, 135's and Hercs. But it is very slow there.

Got hundreds of shots to g through still.

King.

As the forums are back online i thought i would give this a little bump,...

Nice series, love the F-15E, particularly the one with the sunset landing, and what looks like an AEW kitted out Hercules.

Jaguars are good aswell - thought they had stopped flying those, nice to see their still around :D

(y)

Very very nice and I am very very envious...

Can anyone organize a visa and an immigration goody:clap:

King really like those early morning shots of the fighters doing their stuff(y) (y)

Cheers bud. It was my intention to get some early morning shots. Left here at 0545 to get there with time to spare and setup. Overall it was a very active day. If your ever over this direction give me a buzz and I'll give you the grand tour of the local bases! ;)

King.

Might just take you up on that offer sooner than you think but keep posting until then...(y) (y) (y)

Any WWII Birds?:clap:

got a few,... only moved to digital not so long ago so missed the summer airshows. everything is on slide in the attic so digital archive is somewhat lacking. Will try and dig some out now.

King.

Very nice! :)

For me as someone who's more into the commercial stuff, it's nice to see the KC-10 and KC-135 in there! (At least that's what I'm guessing they are. I know them more as the DC-10 and B707!)

Paul

I love number 4 (the head on shot) in the first post and number 2 (the orange sky shot) in the second post. Great quality pics (y)

Back