Rainy day inspiration

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it's chucking it down outside and I'm stuck indoors...bored.

Armed with my 5D3, 24-105, 70-200 and 50mm what shall I do ???

There will be something in the house that will make a good photo, even if it's just a tin of beans. I did a one-a-day project last year and had loads of days where I was stuck in the house, and it's amazing how many interesting photos are there to be had. It just requires you to look at things afresh.

Challenge yourself to find a great photo.

If you get stuck again try rear curtain flash. A candle or a torch and a little imagination.
This was done a few years ago when I was stuck for a bad weather day idea.

Magic Fingers by Skyline:), on Flickr

Wow...how did you manage that ?

2 second exposure. Start on the right on the frame, take 3 steps back Stop and wait for the rear curtain flash to to work. The flash triggers at the end of the exposure instead of the beginning. There will be tutorials about rear curtain flash on youtube.

Last edited:
I should add there's a remote trigger for the camera in my right hand :)

If you get stuck again try rear curtain flash. A candle or a torch and a little imagination.
This was done a few years ago when I was stuck for a bad weather day idea.

Magic Fingers by Skyline:), on Flickr

And your house is still standing? :LOL:

Probably not the best idea being a fireman...could turn out to be rather embarrassing lol

Done this one tonight. No fire extinguisher required :)

10 second timer. f9, iso100. A small red led attached to some fishing line. Started to swing it around Ironman for a few seconds. Stopped and then waited for the rear curtain flash to work.

Back