Rally GB

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
anyone doing it this year with your camera gear, i think ill be alone doing the friday and saturday if anyone fancies a meet up/snap session/boozeup

anyone

jamie

also grizedale stages on the 9th, anyone up for that northern monkeys!

Thinking about it :) just got to get the time off of work and the ok from the other half.

well give us a shout if you sort it, we;re planning on doing two stages on the friday plus stopping at something like epynt for the saturday as your not allowed to move stages, we'll be kipping in the car as we cant afford a hotel room.

gonna head deep into the stages for some decent viewing spots as well :)

Rally GB just isnt the same anymore is it ! Used to finish on my Birthday too every year ! :(

Ill have to have a think cos it been a while since i went and used to go regular ! :)

its used to be based in chester, near where my parents live and it used to go round the country, non of this spectator stage b******t we have now

still awesome to watch though :)

Ahhhhhh, the glory days of british rallying

whitewash.......where abouts are the "rents"?

I spent many a cold night watching the cars travel down eastgate street to the winners podium :)

parents live in helsby. i remember going to the rally show in what i presume to be about 1996 the year where everyone hit the same treestump. i think that was also the year when it was non world championship and loads of folks ended up in the same ditch in scotland. i remember it well as it was my mums 40th birthday i think as loads of folks were about on the sunday morning when we watched the coverage.... shes 50 in 2 weeks time

I'm going to a rally on Saturday and I'm wondering what I should expect?? I can only go to the one stage but can't seem to find it anywhere on a map so it should be interesting! Any tips for how to shoot it?

im hoping to hit the epynt stage on saturday, just find a nice corner away from everyone else or ask a marshall for a nice spot that'll get some good shots, they're usually fairly knowledgable.
oh and expect it to be cold and wet
jamie

I'm going to a rally on Saturday and I'm wondering what I should expect?? I can only go to the one stage but can't seem to find it anywhere on a map so it should be interesting! Any tips for how to shoot it?

One big tip for you, NEVER EVER EVER stand on the outside of a corner ! If you want to be on a corner stand on the inside ! Flying stones REALLY hurt, both you and your camera gear !

in today's nanny state you can't get close enough to the corners anyway.

They've taken the fun out of standing in a freezing forest at silly 'o'clock on a frosty morning :(

I say ban the super specials and lets get back to watching a stage and then driving like the stig to get to another one.

And speaking of stones, i'll always remember a stage in kielder, a fairly big stone got flicked up by a car, it must have gone 20feet up and as it came down it glanced of a bloke who was standing near us. The stone didn't lose much force as it hit this guy, but took enough of a deflection to end up ontop of his young sons head.

The forest was almost silent except for the shreik of pain from the boy.....:D

His dad turned to him and bent down and said........I don't know what your crying for, it hit me first!

I was rolling in the snow :D

It's across the 1st -3rd of december.

I'm off those days, but i can't make it :(

The forest was almost silent except for the shreik of pain from the boy.....:D

His dad turned to him and bent down and said........I don't know what your crying for, it hit me first!

I was rolling in the snow :D
Ahahahahahaha, fell off chair. ouch :LOL: :LOL:
Do you have to pay to get onto the stages or is it free?

aye, they hold you up by the ankles and shake the cash from your pockets :(

Not like in the old RAC days where you could park up near a stage, stagger through a pitch black forest for ½ hour and end up on a fantastic corner that even the marshalls didn't get to :D

would love too, but im a tad too far really

Off topic but can you get hold of any T-shirts worn by the team when they won the Manufacturers Championship last weekend.

you mean the 2006 manufacturers championship white ones? in that case probably no, as no one at the factory has had any, only the guys that were in Newzealand got one

saying that maybe christian loriaux wasnt joking when he said "take a good look at this tshirt because it'll be on ebay later" (regarding a tshirt he had signed by the drivers....

I am going on the Saturday to Crychan Special Stage by helicopter. I am working, so I will be with clients as it is a corporate hospitality thingy and probably unable to meet up with anyone. I hate the Rally. I got out of last year, but the year before was up on Epynt in the driving rain, wind and cold. When everyone was busy snapping away at the cars, guess what GillyB was doing? Taking photos of helicoters hovering over the cars.... If anyone is going to Crychan SS let me know and I will look out for you.

well a saturday stage will cost £20 for the day (run twice - so one run through in the morning and one in the afternoon).

makes a good cold and wet day out, i cant wait, got everythng sorted for the crychen stage on saturday

8gb of CF cards :D

should be a cracker

anyone joining me?

im going to the crychen stage on saturday which is near llandovery (OS explorer map 187) it shows all the fire roads but im not quite sure which ones are being used, but it'll be fairly obvious when you get onto the stage

you have to park in the main carpark and walk in but its best to get there early, im aiming to get there at 5-6am as i havent got a ticket and its first come first served. cars run through at 9am and about 2pm ish. so all the catrs should be through before darkness sets in.

if you fancy meeting up chewyuk gimme a pm

jamie

you silly silly man, i came down from liverpool, i could have given you a lift

photography paradise out there today, lots of action, but only as long as you dont mind rocks and mud flying at your camera gear and lots of rain

im sorting the pics out later if i dont fall asleep!

Back