Rallye Deutschland

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Off to Germany for the first time next weekend to watch/shoot the rally.
Can anybody recommend any good spectator spots to shoot from?

Regards
Phil

The Dhrontal stage is superb, a never ending series of hairpins through the vineyards. Viewing is superb but when I went went in 2008 the second run was cancelled due to, too many spectators

Baumholder is a great stage but a propper spectator stage, loads of em. Plenty of good viewing available as a lot of corners back onto each other

A cracking rally, some marshals are a little power trippy but generally you get to some superb vantage points

I've attached a few shots to wet your appetite

ANT10155a-1.jpg

ANT19701-1.jpg

ANT10508-1.jpg

ANT19879.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

ANT19793.jpg

Ant

It wasnt Dhrontal we went to Ant, it was Moselland :)

The vineyards stages are all superb ... Moselland, Moselwein and Dhrontal are all classic stages. The rally usually uses the vineyards on the Friday and SUnday and Saturday is generally held around the Baumholder military base.

Personally I wouldnt bother going into the Panzerplatte stage, it gets incredibly busy and isnt that great for photos. Instead I would would plump for Freisen/Westrich if they are running it.

Cheers all. Very helpful. (y)

Big Ant, love the third picture. Great action shot.
Can you remember which stage the fourth picture was taken from?

Also just found out that the hotel I'm staying in lines the Circus Maximus stage! Would be great if I get to watch the stage from my room :D

Cheers all. Very helpful. (y)

Big Ant, love the third picture. Great action shot.
Can you remember which stage the fourth picture was taken from?

Also just found out that the hotel I'm staying in lines the Circus Maximus stage! Would be great if I get to watch the stage from my room :D

Your welcome. That photo was taken from Moselwein.

Cracking event. Such an easy place to get to and for most of the stages you can just walk up on to the stage from the main road. Even if you keep to the main locations/car parks marked on the spectator map, the crowd levels are low. Maybe that's cos everbody else went to Panzerplatte :D
Thanks for all the advice.

Some pics of the event can be found here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=254394

Regards
Phil

Back