Very nice Steve.

How were the midges back in June?

None - too cold - car read 4c at Bridge of Orchy, and one of them just 2c.

I gave up over July/August as I am off to Spain so soon, I am just not feeling it the way I used to for the area and more importantly the shots from the start of the June are just so definitive it's hard to see where to go from there.

In all the 3 "mega mornings" - it was below 5c so no midges. The plus of the cold June being honest.

None - too cold - car read 4c at Bridge of Orchy, and one of them just 2c.

I gave up over July/August as I am off to Spain so soon, I am just not feeling it the way I used to for the area and more importantly the shots from the start of the June are just so definitive it's hard to see where to go from there.

In all the 3 "mega mornings" - it was below 5c so no midges. The plus of the cold June being honest.

I was up there in April, from lunchtime until dark. No midges all day until Torren Lochan.

I'm tempted to go up, been watching conditions but last time I was there this time of year, the midges were horrendous.

The wind for your images must've been close to 0?

I was up there in April, from lunchtime until dark. No midges all day until Torren Lochan.

I'm tempted to go up, been watching conditions but last time I was there this time of year, the midges were horrendous.

The wind for your images must've been close to 0?

Once you are below 7c they just aren't there. In the evening of course it is warmer so they can and will bother you. Evenings at Torren Lochan usually can be 25-30c in very nice weather so an absolute midge fest and just not something I will endure anymore. I've done it to death, I have an arsenal of shots of it that most would cut a limb off for....

Last couple of May/June's it has been so cold in the morning I've honestly been fine.

You know me, I only shoot when it is still - not just for the reflections but to avoid the risk of blurred foliage.

Last edited:
Back