Rannoch moor

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't been on here much of late posting so here we go.

I had to watch the nuclear sunrise develop whilst driving to Rannoch Moor on Saturday, but it was fine as I arrived and watch the delicate colours kissing the Black Mount mountains (?) and then the mist and fog rolled in for a couple of hours.

Rannoch Moor by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Very inspiring take, Paul… soothing! :cool:

OOFT! That light!

"Excellent" work Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Wonderful colours and tones here. Despite the lack of reflections I really like this.

And from the man that just added a set without reflections :naughty:, appreciate the comments Steve.

Very inspiring take, Paul… soothing! :cool:

Cheers Kods

Cheers Ian

I live in the wrong part of the country:(
Beautiful image.
Me too Simon, its almost 500 for me:whistle:

Gorgeous with all the wintry greys and just the touch of light on the mountains behind
Thank you Liz

That is rather beautiful, well done.
Cheers Dale

OOFT! That light!
Thanks Dave, the light didn't last though as the fog moved in, but I think it diffused it very nicely.

"Excellent" work Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.
Very kind George.

That's top class from there Paul. You see a lot of pictures from here, I mostly skim over them but this held my attention and gaze for ages.
It's superb.
Very kind Scott and appreciate the comments. I just wished I lived a lot nearer to the whole area of the NW coast. Last weekend I saw some fantastic scenes developing but couldn't get parked due the laybys being snowed off :banghead::crying:

That is lovely. Personally, I'd crop a chunk off the bottom to emphasise the mountains more (just below the lone blob of snow in the middle), but that's just taste.
Cheers Ian, I see what your saying and I did think about cropping that above the little chunk but wasn't convinced. One to revisit when I'm back on the big screen.

Excellent photography
Thanks James.

Simply top drawer.
Stunning.
Thanks Paul

lovely shot
Cheers Holty

Lovely image that Paul, as Scott has said, I normally skim over images from here pretty quickly too, but this is special.

Thanks Martin, very kind. I find it a hard place to get a composition I like there, it didn't help with the frozen water and nothing seemed to align very well. A case of walking here and there and falling in a few deep water holes.

Thanks Martin, very kind. I find it a hard place to get a composition I like there, it didn't help with the frozen water and nothing seemed to align very well. A case of walking here and there and falling in a few deep water holes.

I'm exactly the same here, I've never shot anything I've liked enough to post anywhere, when it's not frozen, I find all the random rocks too messy, and when it's frozen I can never get it in the right conditions.

I'm exactly the same here, I've never shot anything I've liked enough to post anywhere, when it's not frozen, I find all the random rocks too messy, and when it's frozen I can never get it in the right conditions.
Totally agree, at least its one of the easier parking places when its been snowing.

That's very nice with the warm light In the distance and plenty of interest through out the rest of the frame.

Something magical about this shot Paul. Nicely done. Lots of options re crops as Ian has said, I do think a tighter crop on the bottom also works as well as rather than instead of !!

That's very nice with the warm light In the distance and plenty of interest through out the rest of the frame.
Thanks Byker, the light didn't last long sadly but long enough to enjoy and a couple of images.

You have caught the light very nice.
Thank you Jasmine.

Something magical about this shot Paul. Nicely done. Lots of options re crops as Ian has said, I do think a tighter crop on the bottom also works as well as rather than instead of !!
Thanks Adrian, will have a look at a different crop for sure.

Back