RANT: BT. OMFG

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
You are the absolute worst company I have had the misfortune to deal with. Incompetent, Illiterate, Ill mannered, outright liars.

Take your account and shove it right up your arse.

Is one led to believe that they have annoyed you ?

A bit upset then. All rather pointless without explanation

Last edited:
I sympathize with you, I have my own horror story relating to BT, there ineptitude and the amazing ability they have of not being able to distinguish reality from fiction

i feel your pain - I went full lynton on them a few weeks back and they are now dealing with my complaint ... all be it with the dynamism and energy of a bunch of sloths mainlining tramadol

I've never had any problems with Talk Talk, apart from the fact, as I've learned, my Punjabi ain't very good:)

Another here with no BT issues whatsoever.
Also no issues with Vodafone in 12 years bar crappy coverage at work...but then the office is in the bottom of hells valley...we're lucky we have (intermittent) electricity! :LOL:

BT are awful.

Which still makes them miles better than NTL (now Virgin).

no current rants for me at the moment all good in fact have spoken to EE and Virgin Media lately and all good service.

If I could come up with a rant it would be that I wish the Scottish wetherspoons stocked better cider !!!

This month's Computing Which has them only 3rd bottom for broadband provision, with Sky and TalkTalk being worse.

Understand you are p****d off with them and therefore do not want to go into great detail Neil, but a bit of background would be interesting.

For me BT have been fine. Once, when calling about a broadband problem I got a guy in India who could not/would not/or was just following the script, that as all five devices in our house could not connect to the Internet then the problem was probably not related to the devices, but other than that they have been very good.

However, have to say this is because (other than the above incident) I have never had a problem in 15 plus years.

Hope you get it sorted.

Dave

i have found BT to be dire, but also many other telecoms firms.

the worst experience I had was when living at a previous house with an abysmal connection, contacting their faults department regularly over a 2 week period, calls in excess of an hour where they tried to diagnose the fault (how many times do I need to tell you what lights are on the router...?) where nobody could help and they would not send out an engineer. blood boiled on more than one occasion.

another issue was when they upgraded my dads broadband and stuck him on a new contract without him knowing. despite a call to them the next day saying that he didn't want / need the upgrade they would not backtrack. a letter to the chief execs offered did help in the end, but I have found them mostly unhelpful, useless, lying, cheating SOB's.

I would just like to point out that BT are the most wonderful telecoms company in the world. (And are also paying my pension :))

I had a 40gig download limit with BT until recently which I never got near using,when my son stayed with us a few months ago his stupid games console thingy was eating up my broadband so I upgraded to unlimited, £2 a month extra they said so I thought OK, in fact my new contract is a couple of quid less than I was paying before.

I use them but only as I get BT sport free and BT TV box which sits in my office, so I can work and play the rugby through my monitor, thereby the long haired colonel, thinks I am working :)

To be fair, they have hundreds of thousands of customers so some are going to be less than happy. Name me any other company with that number who have 100% satisfaction!

I hear you, been there, stuck there! Not long now.

My wife has BT broadband, runs at about 2 mbps download with a cap of 10 GB/month. It's fine, no problems at all, apart from BT badgering her to upgrade to a faster/unlimited connection and offering a 'deal' if she takes out a new contract. What part of no don't they understand? 2 mbps is more than sufficient for us, and we never get close to using 5 GB/month, let alone 10 GB.

I could tell you what to do, but cannot be arsed to.. There is a well proven method of getting what you want...

I've got nothing but praise for them. Their online fault system works well, a little too well as they woke me up on a Sunday morning 7am when I logged and tested a fault in Saturday evening. Good communication, good onlin tools to track and diagnose. Yes I would highly recommend them.

I'm going to scream and scream until I'm sick!

Nah - you should have written/typed

[quote Violet Elizabet ] I'm going to thcream and thcream and thcream until I'm thick - tho there !! [/quote Violet Elizabeth]

I could tell you what to do, but cannot be arsed to.. There is a well proven method of getting what you want...

well there is, but as i noted above even going full lynton on them and having a long email exchange with your good mate Gareth Patterson has only led to a marginal upturn in performance - they ae still moving slower than a sloth crawling through treacle (which ironically is also the state of my broadband)

You are the absolute worst company I have had the misfortune to deal with. Incompetent, Illiterate, Ill mannered, outright liars.

Amen to that

Yep, thats them allright.

well there is, but as i noted above even going full lynton on them and having a long email exchange with your good mate Gareth Patterson has only led to a marginal upturn in performance - they ae still moving slower than a sloth crawling through treacle (which ironically is also the state of my broadband)

meh! just set your own T&C's they bowl over like a three legged donkey.

In the meantime I am at loggerheads with curries who have agreed (from Seb) the most ridiculois of payments until they fix the tumble drier.. £30 per hour or part thereof,45p a mile and drying... take as long as you need to.. the costs are getting heavy..

You wanna try Vodafone, they make BT look like a slick, customer focussed organisation. Unfortunately Vodacrap is the only mobile signal I get at my house or else I would have sacked them years ago. They even make it difficult to pay your bill, you would think the one thing any bunch of money grabbing crooks would do is make it easy to pay up, but not Vodafone.

Not that I haven't had weirdness from BT, I switched to BT a few years ago (because Vodacrap took over the very good ISP I was using and wrecked it in short order), anyway I had my own rather good router and there was an option on the BT sign up to use your own router, so I selected that. After a monumental cockup in getting the thing swtiched over (4 days with no broadband and two teenagers...) BT informed me it was connected so I tried to connect my router, would not work so after a lot of frigging around to get a phone number and actually speak to a person to get the details I needed to set up the connection I was told that they would not help because it was not their router! Anyway a bit more phoning and eventually I got a guy to send me a BT router which arrived next day and since everything has been fine.

It's good to have a rant now and then.

Back