Rather big Gecko.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Saw lots of wee Geckos in Florida a couple of months ago.

However got a big fright at a Fort Lauderdale swimming pool, this one must have been around 10ft long!

Yes, and they may display a bad character!
…as they use their tail as a whip if they need to make a point.
Fascinating creatures these "geckos" (iguana!).

Great shot of 'not a gecko'...lol.

Unbelievably, this Green Iguana..that's what it is, is the most common pet in the US. The only time I've seen an Iguana was at Cancum , Mexico..Yucatan Penninsular as it warmed itself in the sun on the cliff top..we were just a few metres from it. Extraordinary creatures, need special care so I'm not sure they should be kept as pets but humans are humans and there's money to be made.

Unbelievably, this Green Iguana..that's what it is, is the most common pet in the US. ......

That is unbelievable - mainly because it is far from true!!!!

There are various statistical sources, but all tell essentially the same story, the most popular pets in the US are Dogs (36% of households), cats (30%), birds (3.1%), and horses (1.5%) (these %'s from the American Veterinary Medical Association). Lizards, of which the green iguana is just one type, are kept by a tiny % of American households and below rabbits, gerbils, poultry and turtles in terms of popularity.

Yes, and they may display a bad character!
…as they use their tail as a whip if they need to make a point.
Fascinating creatures these "geckos" (iguana!).

Thanks for commenting.

Well, it certainly put the wind up me when it came closer!

Great shot of 'not a gecko'...lol.

Unbelievably, this Green Iguana..that's what it is, is the most common pet in the US. The only time I've seen an Iguana was at Cancum , Mexico..Yucatan Penninsular as it warmed itself in the sun on the cliff top..we were just a few metres from it. Extraordinary creatures, need special care so I'm not sure they should be kept as pets but humans are humans and there's money to be made.

Thanks for the comments and for increasing my knowledge.

That is unbelievable - mainly because it is far from true!!!!

There are various statistical sources, but all tell essentially the same story, the most popular pets in the US are Dogs (36% of households), cats (30%), birds (3.1%), and horses (1.5%) (these %'s from the American Veterinary Medical Association). Lizards, of which the green iguana is just one type, are kept by a tiny % of American households and below rabbits, gerbils, poultry and turtles in terms of popularity.

Sounds about right, it's still a gecko to the folk I spoke to out there though.

Took ago to a of a guy in San Francisco walking along with one in his arm, tail down to his knees

Back