RAW processing...getting back to the JPEG

Edit My Images
No
Hi there,

I have a Nikon D80, Lightroom 2 and around 7000 shots which i need to dig through from a 7 month travel period.

1.My problem is while i have the time/motivation to individually select 50 or so images to process and print for the walls and for a small exhibition, i don't have a preset which can be applied to the rest of the images to return them to how they originally appeared on my screen shooting in Nikons option 3 colour preset. Obviously they look very dull from what i see on my cameras display straight from Lightroom. Can anyone reccomend a preset to emulate my original settings!

2. Are most presets designed to be applied from the base RAW/DNG image from the camera, or designed to be applied to an image which has already been altered in order to bring out its normal colour and vibrancy.

Lightroom 2 (and CS3/CS4) has the option of downloading (free) camera profiles from Adobes site, these replicate (near enough) the in built colour options for most cameras (it knows what camera your using from the EXIF) these when installed appear in the camera callibration panel. Wayne

Back