Raw Shooter Essentials

CT said:
Latest version (1.1.2) with support for more cameras including D2H

http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html

This program rocks!!

By the way, does the 300d come with Canon Digital Photo Professional? The 350D does. It's much better than the crappy Zoombrowser thing, but RawShooter Essentials is extremely good!

The 300D does not come with it, but I believe you can still download it. I was not impressed with the pro version myself but I'm used to using breezebrowser now and like it.

The 20D does, I dunno about the 300D. I love RSE - can't believe it's a freebie. The only thing bugging me, and I'm sure I'm missing something, is I can't seem to find a way to rotate an image in RSE. It drives me nuts! :shock:

CT said:
The 20D does, I dunno about the 300D. I love RSE - can't believe it's a freebie. The only thing bugging me, and I'm sure I'm missing something, is I can't seem to find a way to rotate an image in RSE. It drives me nuts! :shock:

Hmm.. me neither... however, everything I shoot is the right way up when I view my RAWs in RSE... portraits are upright, Landscapes are not.. I've never needed to rotate anything.

That's the answer I suppose, I need to set auto rotate on the camera. :LOL:

Hover the mouse pointer on the thumbnail of the image you want to rotate and choose one of the two icons at the right hand end (90deg ccw or cw)

:)

Steep said:
Hover the mouse pointer on the thumbnail of the image you want to rotate and choose one of the two icons at the right hand end (90deg ccw or cw)

:)

DOH!!!! :eek:ops:

Thanks Steep. 8)

There's a user guide??

Steep said:
There's a user guide??

There is. a PDF file that should have been installed into the same folder as the program. It should also have a shortcut to it in the start menu once installed.

Yep.. set the cam to auto rotate is always best.

Didn't know about the mouse over rotate options either!

The more I use this program, the more I can't belive it's free. It really is the dog's dangly parts!

I used to use Canon Digital Photo Professional with my 300D (not shipped with the camera btw) but now I'm a convert to RawShooter. I like the way you can grade each image for easier identification.

Back