Raw Shooter Essentials

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
The 300D does not come with it, but I believe you can still download it. I was not impressed with the pro version myself but I'm used to using breezebrowser now and like it.

OP
OP
CT

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
The 20D does, I dunno about the 300D. I love RSE - can't believe it's a freebie. The only thing bugging me, and I'm sure I'm missing something, is I can't seem to find a way to rotate an image in RSE. It drives me nuts! :shock:

P

Pook

CT said:
The 20D does, I dunno about the 300D. I love RSE - can't believe it's a freebie. The only thing bugging me, and I'm sure I'm missing something, is I can't seem to find a way to rotate an image in RSE. It drives me nuts! :shock:
Hmm.. me neither... however, everything I shoot is the right way up when I view my RAWs in RSE... portraits are upright, Landscapes are not.. I've never needed to rotate anything.

OP
OP
CT

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
That's the answer I suppose, I need to set auto rotate on the camera. :LOL:

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Hover the mouse pointer on the thumbnail of the image you want to rotate and choose one of the two icons at the right hand end (90deg ccw or cw)

:)

OP
OP
CT

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Steep said:
Hover the mouse pointer on the thumbnail of the image you want to rotate and choose one of the two icons at the right hand end (90deg ccw or cw)

:)
DOH!!!! :eek:ops:

Thanks Steep. 8)

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
There's a user guide??

P

Pook

Steep said:
There's a user guide??
There is. a PDF file that should have been installed into the same folder as the program. It should also have a shortcut to it in the start menu once installed.

Yep.. set the cam to auto rotate is always best.

Didn't know about the mouse over rotate options either!

The more I use this program, the more I can't belive it's free. It really is the dog's dangly parts!

Edit My Images
Yes
I used to use Canon Digital Photo Professional with my 300D (not shipped with the camera btw) but now I'm a convert to RawShooter. I like the way you can grade each image for easier identification.