Raw Thumbnails

Marc

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I can't see Raw thumbnails from my X100F in Finder on my iMac. I've had a look in Raw vSupport and I can see that the camera is listed as X-100F whereas previous iterations don't have the hyphens. Could this be the reason and does anyone know if it can be rectified?

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 14.14.46.png

Ta

Being dumb - have you got the latest camera RAW updates from Apple?

Is there a file or support you need from Fuji. How new a camera is your model - if it is very new Apple might not have got the updates through.

What do you use to PP - I'm wagering C1 as you shoot Fuji

Being dumb - have you got the latest camera RAW updates from Apple?

How do I find that out?

Is there a file or support you need from Fuji. How new a camera is your model - if it is very new Apple might not have got the updates through.

Camera model is 2017

What do you use to PP - I'm wagering C1 as you shoot Fuji

I use Lightroom/PS but considering Affinity but I don't have an issue processing Raws, just viewing them in Finder.

Go to your app store and check updates to see if it has the latest camera RAW update. If not I'd check in with Fuji

My app updates are automatic and are all up to date. Not sure how Fuji can help regarding the iMac.

My app updates are automatic and are all up to date. Not sure how Fuji can help regarding the iMac.

There might be an update from them you need to download. You cannot be the only one who has this issue.

What Mac OS are you using?

There might be an update from them you need to download. You cannot be the only one who has this issue.

What Mac OS are you using?

I'm using the latest (10.15.7)

That link is regarding the X100V which came out this year. As per my screenshot above, it's showing X-100F which, as far as I'm aware, doesn't exist.

Tried it, didn't like it. Prefer Affinity.

Capture one is great for Fuji raw conversions. I was using that and then affinity for stitching/stacking/bracketing etc..
capture one is a one off payment, they sometimes have 65% off which makes it a bargain Marc. Workflow is as easy/fast as LR once you get used to it.
Affinity is more like photoshop.

I’ve had to go back to Lightroom because I’m using the iPad Pro for lots of processing and only LR iOS opens the dreaded compressed raw, now with direct import from an sd too. Affinity on the iPad uses apple iOS to convert raw. Wish Capture one had an iOS app.

Capture one is great for Fuji raw conversions. I was using that and then affinity for stitching/stacking/bracketing etc..
capture one is a one off payment, they sometimes have 65% off which makes it a bargain Marc. Workflow is as easy/fast as LR once you get used to it.
Affinity is more like photoshop.

I’ve had to go back to Lightroom because I’m using the iPad Pro for lots of processing and only LR iOS opens the dreaded compressed raw, now with direct import from an sd too. Affinity on the iPad uses apple iOS to convert raw. Wish Capture one had an iOS app.

I have the free version of C1 so I may go back to it at some point. Maybe I'll reconsider if and when there's an offer on the price.

My Adobe plan ends in May but I could end it now and it would cost me £25.

If I get any discount vouchers emailed to me, I’ll let you know Marc. The full version has more useful and functional items than the free one, gradients, masking, etc..
LR is getting there but you have to watch things like the sharpening to control the ‘worms’.

If I get any discount vouchers emailed to me, I’ll let you know Marc. The full version has more useful and functional items than the free one, gradients, masking, etc..
LR is getting there but you have to watch things like the sharpening to control the ‘worms’.

Thanks David.

Yes, accidentally downloaded the trial version instead of the free one so I saw the difference.

Back