Re Shropshire

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
Im spending a few days near Ironbridge in Shropshire next week and wondered if anyone has some good photographic locations they could point me towards?

Geoff

Plenty. Apart from the obvious you have Bridgnorth*, Much Wenlock, Long Myndd, Church Stretton, The Wrekin mountain, Severn Valley Railway from Bridgnorth, Cosford + loads more than I can think of.

* The best of the lot. A photo opportunity wherever you look.

Shrewsbury has some lovely old timber framed buildings.

Depending on how far you want to travel Bewdley and the Wyre Forest are both worth considering (I really must visit the forest I live just up the road and have not been in years)

Another good place to visit in the area is Blists Hill, a townscape of Victorian buildings that usually have people dressed in costume and all of the buildings have quite authentic dressings

Good street photography in Bridgnorth. If you like your landscapes, you can always take a trundle up the Wrekin hill, I think you can see 5 counties from the top

Shrewsbury has some lovely old timber framed buildings.

Depending on how far you want to travel Bewdley and the Wyre Forest are both worth considering (I really must visit the forest I live just up the road and have not been in years)
Wyre Forest sounds good, I've never been either, thanks for reminding me :)

Ironbridge and Blists Hill obviously for a start and then Shrewsbury is always worth a wander around. Ironbridge itself would and has sucked me in for days at a stretch in the past.

A couple of others - Ludlow and Stokesay Castle. They are about 25 miles from Ironbridge but in generally the same direction, so are only a few miles apart. Ludlow has interesting old buildings and a great castle. Stokesay is a fortified manor house rather than a castle. English Heritage describe it as " the finest and best preserved fortified medieval manor house in England". They would say that, but it is impressive.

Dave

If your in or around Ironbridge I'm just up the road and more than willing to meet you and give you some locations worth shooting moved here over 40 yrs
We have a local steam railway to if its of interest :)

Back