Really must

sue

Edit My Images
Yes
get out and take some photos so i can post some more up here, the problem been that it is wet and windy and horrible here at the moment, and as such am lacking inspiration.
I have a photo of some ballet shoes to do for a friend, she wants a blank and white print for her wall, but at the moment, not sure how to go about it, and what would look good.
All ideas welcomed.
Anyone else feel like this.

Hi Sue,
Ive been feeling a bit dispondent for a while now and of course the weather has added to my mood.
I have a comp coming up soon & need to work on my theme/model/style etc. so I think that will give me the inspiration/boot up the butt that I need.

What colour are the ballet shoes?
Does she want a modern take on them or is she looking for soft focus/dreamy/ girly?
If you can give us a bit more info Id be glad to share ideas/give any help where I can.
You could always take the pics, convert to B&W, then put them up here for some of us to play with, then replicate any ideas you see.

They are pink shoes, and ones that have been wore a bit so not the cleanest think this is whu she wanted black and white version. As to what she wants she hasnt said, but it is going on her bedroom wall she has resently spilt up with her boyfriend of about six years so is redoing the bedroom in girly theme, sort of pink and fluffy, so to go along with that theme I think.

I have a photo of some ballet shoes to do for a friend, she wants a blank and white print for her wall, but at the moment, not sure how to go about it, and what would look good.
All ideas welcomed.
The carelessly abandoned look with the shot taken right down at floor level? It's not particularly original but it tends to work well.

Another possibility if your friend can manage some of the more graceful ballet foot positions, is to take the shot with her wearing the shoes - again down low mebbe?

Thanks for that CT will have to try that, maybe tomorrow.

You know that laminate wall panelling you can get? Do you know anyone that has any? If you can get the ballet shoes dangling by their laces from a pin or something like that, it might work...

Im agreeing with CT & Chris here, both those ideas had crossed my mind.
Another Id thought of was a slightly 'abandoned look' ... as in ... as if theyd just been taken/kicked off.

A nice white background, one pump laying slighly across the other so that its facing out toward the camera, the one supporting it sideways on. The laces layed accordingly.
I think the fact that theyre well worn could really add to it. Im imagining it in soft colour & all hi-key with the edges feathered & blurry. Could look really pretty.
Would work equally wll in B&W I think.

Back