reasonable shutter count on second hand Body

Edit My Images
No
I think this is the correct forum (if not please advise for redirect)

I am looking at second hand Nikon D4 camera bodies.... obviously the price is related to the shutter count.... but what is a reasonable shutter account for second hand body? what's too many to not be viable (service costs etc). 280,000 too many? obviously is a pro body so they have been worked hard so will be the higher count.

any advice would be grateful

j

The life expectancy of a D4 is 400K actuations, some may last longer, some may conk out beforehand. You could maybe calculate how long you might get from it by averaging the amount of images you think you might shoot per month and dividing into 120K, see if it'll be worth it for you personally. It would have to be a right bargain for me with a shutter count that high.

I bought a used 1Dx from MPB with 360k on the clock. The body was in perfect condition and it's still going strong a couple of years later with another 60k on it.

Apologies for the delayed response,

thanks for your replies... i will keep looking through the second hand listings and do some sums. thanks again

A D4 in great condition with 280k on the clock wouldn't particularly bother me BUT I wouldn't pay the same amount as one with a lot less on the clock... So it needs to be priced appropriately.

Back