Recent images taken in London

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
In my day job I've been working with a customer in London recently, so in my spare evenings I have been going out with my camera and tripod. As this will be going on for the next month at least, its a great opportunity for me to improve. So any comments and critique is welcome :)

1# Lloyds Building
Lloyds Building London by Ben Cremin, on Flickr

2# Leadenhall Market
Leadenhall Market by Ben Cremin, on Flickr

3# View from the South Bank
London Night Time City Scape by Ben Cremin, on Flickr

Good set with good colour treatment in the last two ... personal favourite would be Leadenhall Market :)

Reactions: ST4

Contrary to Roger, I got the opposite way! …this is rare!

I dig very much the cool conversion and not so much
the "forced unnatural" colours of the others.

All sharp takes but the renditions…

I don't think the colours are forced in the last two images. They are punchy but not over the top and pretty well exposed (might lift the 2nd one by 0.1ev) and do a minor correction of the verticals.

The 1st is a very graphic image and won't be to all tastes. I quite like it. Re 2, I'd be inclined to crop a chunk off the bottom and go for a 2:1 aspect ratio

Good set with good colour treatment in the last two ... personal favourite would be Leadenhall Market :)

Thanks Gramps

Contrary to Roger, I got the opposite way! …this is rare!

I dig very much the cool conversion and not so much
the "forced unnatural" colours of the others.

All sharp takes but the renditions…

Thanks Kodiak - I think In understand where you are coming from :)

I don't think the colours are forced in the last two images. They are punchy but not over the top and pretty well exposed (might lift the 2nd one by 0.1ev) and do a minor correction of the verticals.

The 1st is a very graphic image and won't be to all tastes. I quite like it. Re 2, I'd be inclined to crop a chunk off the bottom and go for a 2:1 aspect ratio

Thanks ST4 I'll try cropping #2, I think you're right and it'll make it a stronger image.

Nice set.
I love the Leadenhall Market one and the colours on the last one but, somehow, I find myself drawn to the first one.

Nice set.
I love the Leadenhall Market one and the colours on the last one but, somehow, I find myself drawn to the first one.
I might explore what I've don't in the first one some more, I don't normally like shooting up at something. I know it's not to everyones tastes, but for me it worked on this occasion and the comments here have helped.

Back