Recent Wedding (havent shared one in a while)

Edit My Images
No
Havent put a wedding up here for a while. While I feel I have came a long long way since my first wedding last year I know there is always room to improve. I think this is some of my best yet.

C&C very welcome, be nice :D

The new Mr & Mrs! by Bhoy_Whunder, on Flickr

Marie&Russ-160 by Bhoy_Whunder, on Flickr

Confetti by Bhoy_Whunder, on Flickr

Under the veil by Bhoy_Whunder, on Flickr

Just Married by Bhoy_Whunder, on Flickr

Creative bouquet by Bhoy_Whunder, on Flickr

You can see more of the set here :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmc_pics/sets/72157631355795410/with/7905126878/

My first ever wedding can be seen here:- http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=334096

Thanks for looking. (y)

Nice confetti shot in no 3.

Not keen on the toning in no 2 but I like the framing in the archway.

Flash is a bit too hard in #1 IMHO. I use to use a bounce card (lightsphere/ABBC e.g.).

Also, I have a personal dislike for mixed PP'ing...

Other than that nice pictures. (y)

I am not keen on some of the processing on these but overall there are some nice pics. My biggest problem is that the number of shots with the couple looking at the camera is very limited. Is this something you have done on purpose.

Not a bad shot there for me. Agree that the flash is a tad bit harsh on the first one.

Morning all,

Nice confetti shot in no 3.

Not keen on the toning in no 2 but I like the framing in the archway.

Thank you, i think ill need to work towards consistent pp. I used a split toning effect there, maybe need to go back to the drawing board on that one.

Great set. Particularly like 3 & 5.
Thanks!

Flash is a bit too hard in #1 IMHO. I use to use a bounce card (lightsphere/ABBC e.g.).

Also, I have a personal dislike for mixed PP'ing...

Other than that nice pictures.

Thanks, mentioned the pp above. The priest in that church gives you cart blanche to flash away. I did difuse it but I can see what you mean. Any tips on using flash in a church would be most appreciated.

I am not keen on some of the processing on these but overall there are some nice pics. My biggest problem is that the number of shots with the couple looking at the camera is very limited. Is this something you have done on purpose.

These are just a selection, I do have lots where they are looking at me. I think I just like something a wee bit away from the norm.
Thanks for the C&c though

Not a bad shot there for me. Agree that the flash is a tad bit harsh on the first one.
Thanks

Some good shots like number 3
Thanks very much

thanks for the c&c so far, keep it coming! (y)

Thank you, i think ill need to work towards consistent pp. I used a split toning effect there, maybe need to go back to the drawing board on that one.
I can see where you're going with it - its just a bit strong for my taste but that's just a person opinion - you have to try different things to see what works for you and suits the images.

I did difuse it but I can see what you mean. Any tips on using flash in a church would be most appreciated.

I presume by diffusing, you had something like a Stofen on your flash?
These directs flash light in all directions, and quite often in a church, walls/ceilings are to far away to bounce from. Also I think your flash will try and work harder then need be.

Using a bounce card will give your flash something to bounce from...simples! ;-)

HoppyUK (A very knowlegable and respected bloke on here) has often stated the use of a lightsphere (brand) bounce card. Never used these before, so can't comment, but Hoppy knows his stuff.
I myself used ABBC...Much cheaper! ;-) Probably not as good as lightsphere though?

Google ABBC (A Better Bounce Card) Youtube and if you can stand it, watch the middleaged American guy show you how to make and use ABBC.

EDIT: Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCmuExlHvM&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
I presume by diffusing, you had something like a Stofen on your flash?
These directs flash light in all directions, and quite often in a church, walls/ceilings are to far away to bounce from. Also I think your flash will try and work harder then need be.

Using a bounce card will give your flash something to bounce from...simples! ;-)

HoppyUK (A very knowlegable and respected bloke on here) has often stated the use of a lightsphere (brand) bounce card. Never used these before, so can't comment, but Hoppy knows his stuff.
I myself used ABBC...Much cheaper! ;-) Probably not as good as lightsphere though?

Google ABBC (A Better Bounce Card) Youtube and if you can stand it, watch the middleaged American guy show you how to make and use ABBC.

EDIT: Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCmuExlHvM&feature=relmfu

Great reply mate. Most appreciated.

I used one of those wee mini soft box covers on the flash and it looks like its reflected off the varnished wood pretty bad. Im def going to try the ABBC next time. Although i was impressed how the guy managed to get the video looking so 70's :LOL: (reminds me of finger mouse!)

Back