Recomendations for sensor cleaning

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
After reviewing my recent visit to the lake district this weekend I've noticed blotches on the pictures. I noticed these a few weeks back and had put it down to rain on the lens. But after looking at all the images in lightroom all the images have what looks like rain specs and its more noticible within the sky areas. I used two lenses and both have the specs on them in identical areas so it must be the camera that has a dirty sensor. So where would be a recommended service centre who can carry out the work and how much would it roughly cost? Camera is a d750 btw.

Doing it yourself is very easy, and not as daunting as you might think. i had a problem with mine, had never cleaned a sensor before and looked around for somewhere to do it for me; after some YouTube viewing and around £20 for a kit off Amazon I did it myself. the results were perfect and it was, as I say, a very simple job (and you can spend the money saved on a couple of pints ;) )

Another vote for doing it yourself. A rocket blower, some sensor wipes and about 15 minutes of your time is all it takes. I've done mine a couple of times and I'll be doing it again at some point in the next couple of weeks before the motorsport season starts up again. It's not that hard as long as you're careful.

A friend has told me our local London Camera Exchange do it for £35 regardless of sensor size. I'm not sure if all branches will carry out cleaning but if you have one nearby it's worth enquiring

Do it yourself, it's not hard or nearly as 'dangerous' as made out.

I've ordered a kit off eBay. I didn't realise there was a piece of glass covering the sensor. I was in the belief that the sensor was exposed once the mirror flips up and I didn't fancy potentially damaging the it.

Back