Recommend a film scanner.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi digging through my parents cellar i found loads of circa 30 year old films (35mm) with family photos, all b&w. I would like to scan them over time.
Could you recommend a scanner to say £100 second hand that will do a good job? If possible,but not absolutely necessary, should be capable of doing a good job on color films too.
Thanks.

..and just to add:- after you have scanned your films you would probably get your money back on selling.

It's probably not the right solution for you due to the initial high outlay, but I'd recommend a Pakon 135. They were selling for around £500 on eBay the last time I looked. You will get much higher quality from 35mm film than a flatbed can manage, and perhaps more importantly, it will be much, much quicker. Maybe about ten times quicker than using the flatbed. They do a particularly good job with colour negative film, which is what they were designed to scan. A caveat is that you'll need to be a bit computer savvy to set one up (they require Windows XP).

You'll get back at least what you paid when you come to sell it. They are becoming quite scarce and prices are rising all the time, so money invested in one will probably do better than an ISA.

;)

I picked up a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV on Amazon Marketplace for £35 it works with Windows 7. Scanning 35mm is easy with it.IMG_20180215_180707.jpg

Wow thos is really a bargain. How do you acces amazon marketplace?
Thanks.

It's just Amazon, but bought through them rather than from them.

Brian I was just mentioning an alternative that might not have been considered. I have seen them cheaper than that
or even one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...&hvtargid=kwd-41740406&ref=pd_sl_3m8iw12ys6_e

Well I suppose if you can afford an expensive digi camera you are not going to worry about buying one of those...but if you go that route, I've seen quite a few articles of DIY setups and some say they are just as good as a film scanner?????

Back