Recommend me a pair of Snow Boots

my initial thoughts would be to find your destination town/city in Canada and google a sports supplier out there , then contact via e/mail to ensure they will have what you need in stock on arrival and buy them there . there stuff will not only be better fit for purpose and probably a lot cheaper to

UK purchase - skeetex are the go to boot but on anything other than snow are a PITA to walk in. used by anglers for decades

If purchasing over the pond the only brand i know are Baffin Trapper boots, wellington style boot with seperate replacable liner liner. can be bought over here but limited suppliers - like 1 or 2 high end tackleshops
as they are imported from the states. much easier to walk in diferent terrain.

Regardless of the warmth stated by the boot company, unless active;y moving feet will get cold.

I have both of the above and muck boots. I never get cold feet in the muck boots when out walking the dog even in minus temperatures. stand or sit still and within an hour they are freezzing.

I used these for two winters in the Arctic. Tried and tested down to sub -40
https://www.adventurepeaks.com/shop/baffin-impact-boot/
They’re overkill for a lot of places, but I never had cold feet once, and that’s with hours stood out on frozen lakes. I can’t commend these highly enough. They really are the best and warmest footwear I’ve ever tried
A lot of people in the Arctic wear the Sorel Caribou boots, but I never found these to be that good, and my 3/4 season hiking boots did a better job of looking after my feet in the cold

I would also vote for muck boots , trouble is they are going to eat into your luggage allowance heavily

I have Toggi country boots, comfy and warm, plenty of room for thick socks, but as has been said all these types of boots
aren't exactly lightweight

my initial thoughts would be to find your destination town/city in Canada and google a sports supplier out there , then contact via e/mail to ensure they will have what you need in stock on arrival and buy them there . there stuff will not only be better fit for purpose and probably a lot cheaper to

Thanks, that's my thought too. I found The North Face Chilkat 400 unfortunately these are not available in the UK or EU nor the USA will post them here. I am going to enquire them about pre-purchasing these and collect in Canada on arrival.

UK purchase - skeetex are the go to boot but on anything other than snow are a PITA to walk in. used by anglers for decades

If purchasing over the pond the only brand i know are Baffin Trapper boots, wellington style boot with seperate replacable liner liner. can be bought over here but limited suppliers - like 1 or 2 high end tackleshops
as they are imported from the states. much easier to walk in diferent terrain.

Regardless of the warmth stated by the boot company, unless active;y moving feet will get cold.

I have both of the above and muck boots. I never get cold feet in the muck boots when out walking the dog even in minus temperatures. stand or sit still and within an hour they are freezzing.

Don't think I will go with Skeetex as I am not doing ski activities, I think muck boots are good alternatives too! I can step into shallow water for a bit to get the shots I wanted :D

I used these for two winters in the Arctic. Tried and tested down to sub -40
https://www.adventurepeaks.com/shop/baffin-impact-boot/
They’re overkill for a lot of places, but I never had cold feet once, and that’s with hours stood out on frozen lakes. I can’t commend these highly enough. They really are the best and warmest footwear I’ve ever tried
A lot of people in the Arctic wear the Sorel Caribou boots, but I never found these to be that good, and my 3/4 season hiking boots did a better job of looking after my feet in the cold

Wow, Baffin Impact Boots, -100C :eek: that's exactly what I wanted. Now let's shop for Canada prices if they are cheaper than getting it locally :p:D

Thanks for the input people, I am much appreciated it.

Skeetex aren't just for skiing although that was the initial purpose. If marketing can be believed they have been used on Arctic expeditions.

SKEETEX, BAFFIN TRAPPER AND MUCK BOOTS are all wellie boot style outers so will allow paddling. Muckboots are no way warm enough compared to the others. The first 2 have thick insulating separate liners muck boots don't.

Do not be miss led by the -100c claims
If stood in icey water or just cold ground you will get cold feet. The only way feet keep warm is if you are continuously walking.

Back