Recommendation on portraiture workshops

Name
Barney
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a 1 day portraiture workshop, something a step beyond basic lighting into more creative portraiture: studio or speedlights on location. That or something on lifestyle shots that sell.

I've a budget of £150-200 and would be restricted to Yorkshire, Manchester/Cheshire and London. All I seem to be able to find are sessions up to £150 which are either too basic for my needs or just look crap, or the the £300 +VAT type workshops run by Annabel Williams (avoid IMHO) Brett Harkness (bar the price I'd be happy to go on one of his training sessions having met him on an AP workshop) or Damien Lovegrove.

Has anyone done such a workshop and if so what would your feedback be?

There is a 1 day session at Harwood House in about a weeks time . I was going to book but lucky for me I didn't as I'm cameraless at the minute . Not sure how indeph it will be or just for anyone with a camera . http://www.harewood.org/whats-on/events/1/579

Lovegrove workshops are very good imo, the class sizes are always small (5 people on the one I went on) which is part of the reason they aren't as cheap as others where class sizes can be as big as 15 people or more.

Follow Damien Lovegrove on twitter and you may be able to pick up a last late booking bargain, that's what I did, booked a course half price because someone dropped out the week before it was due to be run.

Photo Training 4 U with Mark Cleghorn? Damien McGillicuddy's ?

Another recommendation for Damien.... or, if you got a 4 together Chris Hanley is very very good (Works with Damien on his courses but will do a bespoke day for you tailored to your needs) Expensive if on your own but if you have some mates to do it with it works out bang on budget :)

Photo Training 4 U with Mark Cleghorn? Damien McGillicuddy's ?

I've seena few videos with Mark Cleghorn in and I don't like the way he comes across, particularly not the way he talks to his subjects.

I've Googled Damien McGillicuddy and he's in the right price range, though the only workshop he has I'd been interested in is full at the moment. Thanks for the tip though, I'll keep an eye on his site.

Another recommendation for Damien.... or, if you got a 4 together Chris Hanley is very very good (Works with Damien on his courses but will do a bespoke day for you tailored to your needs) Expensive if on your own but if you have some mates to do it with it works out bang on budget :)

Thanks Ali. Chris Hanley is still £320 though, even when done as a foursome.

Back