Beginner Recommended Books

Name
David Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
As a complete beginner to digital photography can anyone recommend a good tutorial type book please?
I need all the help I can get!!

The key thing is to learn about exposure, there are lots of guides on the internet or I quite like Perfect Exposure by Michael Freeman.

Lots of people recommend Understanding Exposure but that actually misses some of the most useful tools in digital photography, even though it was 'updated for digital'.

Hi, never quite understand why people want to spend there money on books when ALL the information is freely available on here and many other photography sites and of course youtube (my prefered site as you can actually see what is happening). Also there are on here kindle books available (again free of charge from Amazon), also I beleive a free kindle book reader for the PC just incase you don't have a kindle available. https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/free-photography-kindle-books.393737/
Russ

I asked a similar question when I started out and was recommended the D5300 - From Snapshots to Great Shots, I see you have the 3300 and a quick Google search shows it's available for that model too (I got mine 2nd hand off eBay).

I've got a stack of books but that's my favourite, it not only explains the basics of photography but goes through step by step how to adjust your camera settings in the various menu's and why to achieve the best from it in different situations.

It helped me learn how to use my camera at the same time as learning photography.

There's a 2 book series called something like read this if you want to take great pictures.

Any book on understanding exposure is a valuable read and reference

Back