Beginner Recreate photo tips

Name
lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey there,

I know absolutely nothing about photography and am wondering if somebody here knows how a photographer would go about recreating these images nowadays (of the band Lush...)

Any comments regarding technique etc. that I can pass on to actual photographers would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers, Lewis

Lush-resize-2.jpg
Lush-band-r01.jpg
english-rock-band-lush-drummer-chris-acland-vocalistguitaristmiki-picture-id79512181

Any photographer that could pull it off will be able to reverse engineer those shots.

Any photographer that could pull it off will be able to reverse engineer those shots.
+1

My thoughts are going in the direction of suggesting
that you should start from the beginning as all these
takes are well over the skills of even an enthusiast!

Lighting lighting lighting. Sounds easy, in reality very difficult. Looks like there's been some very specific processing/filters/film used too. Last one looks like the good old fashioned vaseline smear on the edges.

The colour and posterised look are all post-processing effects, ie Photoshop, applied to what looks like fairly straight original images.

Lighting lighting lighting. Sounds easy, in reality very difficult. Looks like there's been some very specific processing/filters/film used too. Last one looks like the good old fashioned vaseline smear on the edges.

Do they seriously just smear a lens with Vaseline?

Do they seriously just smear a lens with Vaseline?
No, you'd put something over the lens and then put vaseline on that. Folk have used all sorts from cheap UV filters to clingfilm.

Back