Red Cuillin 75 sec exposure

I like what the long exposure has done to the foreground water, about as much as I dislike what it's done to the clouds :|.

That's absolutley no reflection on the photographer, whatsoever - it's a perfectly executed exposure. It's just that the wind direction and the cloud formations on the day haven't really done the image any favours, IMHO :(. If the clouds were streaking across from left to right, or even straight front to back but in a more interesting pattern, I think that it would improve the image tenfold.

This is of course a very minor criticism, but one to bear in mind for the next attempt :). A lot of my 10 stop landscape attempts have been binned because certain elements haven't come out looking as good as they would have done, had they moved in a different direction or at a different speed. Long daytime exposures open up new set of challenges, I think, but (for me) the bottom 60% of this images shows most of the benefits in this setting :).

Nice work (y).

I like what the long exposure has done to the foreground water, about as much as I dislike what it's done to the clouds :|.

That's absolutley no reflection on the photographer, whatsoever - it's a perfectly executed exposure. It's just that the wind direction and the cloud formations on the day haven't really done the image any favours, IMHO :(. If the clouds were streaking across from left to right, or even straight front to back but in a more interesting pattern, I think that it would improve the image tenfold.

This is of course a very minor criticism, but one to bear in mind for the next attempt :). A lot of my 10 stop landscape attempts have been binned because certain elements haven't come out looking as good as they would have done, had they moved in a different direction or at a different speed. Long daytime exposures open up new set of challenges, I think, but (for me) the bottom 60% of this images shows most of the benefits in this setting :).

Nice work (y).

I agree that streaking clouds would be much much better, but I'm afraid that's something I couldnt control.
I was happy to get the light hitting the peaks of the hills, the snow caps and the silky water.
Less blue sky and streakier clouds would have been fantastic but 'thems the breaks' as they say.

It wont stop me trying to get something better ;)

I agree that streaking clouds would be much much better, but I'm afraid that's something I couldnt control.
I was happy to get the light hitting the peaks of the hills, the snow caps and the silky water.
Less blue sky and streakier clouds would have been fantastic but 'thems the breaks' as they say.

It wont stop me trying to get something better ;)

(y) I'm extremely glad to hear that, because I'm looking forward to seeing some more of these. I don't have scenery like that where I live, so I have to come here to get it ;).

The water looked great in that first one, with the rocks sticking out of it :). Can't wait to see that combined with a really dramatic sky :naughty:.

Back